Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: USPS New Feature  (Read 35 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

USPS New Feature
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:59:40 pm »
A few months ago, the US postal system implemented a new feature that they are offering for no cost.  They will scan the front of your mail for you (excluding junk mail) and send you an email showing what mail you will be receiving, usually the next day.  This is great because it saves me a trip out to the mailbox which is at the curb.  If I don't get an email from the postoffice, I know I don't have any mail.

A few days ago I got one in my mail that I had no clue where it came from!  I just knew it wasn't from the USA!!  That meant, I would get it either that same day or have to wonder until the next day.  Here's what it looked like:

It has pictures of Queen Elizabeth on it!  That in itself, was exciting.  Now I had to wait until the next day to see where it came from!  I thought about it all night long... who would send me something from another country?   Couldn't wait to get the mail the next day... late afternoon!  Finally, the truck drove up to my mailbox ... and when I went out there, sure enough, there was the real thing  Still a puzzlement though because there was no return address on it.

I'm one of those crazy types who will shake things, try to see through them, twist and turn them for the longest time before I get around to opening it.  When I did, I used my letter opener very carefully... and there it was!! 

A beautiful  Christmas card from Sheryl C!!!  What a GREAT surprise!  Thank you, Sheryl....  that was certainly unexpected!!   The card is beautiful and so is the envelope with those awesome postage stamps!   It will go into my "keepers" box after the holidays are over.  Was very nice of you to think of me!!   :thanks05: :thanks05:

Looks like they scribbled across the stamps or maybe that's the way they cancel them in Wales?

Offline Teejay

Re: USPS New Feature
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:11:07 pm »
case solved miss marple

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:50:50 pm »
Isn't that cool?   I had to sit and look at that picture all day long and wonder where it came from.  I don't get many surprises in life and I love this one!   :yehaw: :yehaw: :yehaw:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 09:19:22 am »
Pleasure MaryLou. Always meant to send one but finally got my butt in gear and got one posted to you! lol I recognised my scrawly writing...gees forgotten how to write since I gave up work! lol

I asked the Agent in the Post Office to max out on the stamps as I wanted you to see as many as possible. Glad you like them...and the card.

Thank you for all that you do here!  :clap2:

Oh, almost forgot, in the UK they ensure to scribble across the stamps so that they cannot be peeled off and reused to send mail...spoilsports!   :laugh2:

That's a great idea sending emails to notify you that mail is on it's way. No excuse for that here as we only have to walk to the front door to pick the mail up off the mat...spoilt or what!  :elmo:

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:34:19 am »
That was a surprise for you and getting an email to say you have post and what the front looks like I would have been like you could not wait to see it.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)