Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Firefox screenshot  (Read 37 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Firefox screenshot
« on: November 09, 2017, 02:59:02 pm »
Have any of you Firefox users tried the new screen capture feature?  It's really pretty cool!!  It will let you capture anything that is in the browser window and save it.   It will try to "guess" what you want to capture or you can click and drag a box around what you want.

The files are in .png format so I'm guessing that if you have a transparent background, it will still be that way.  It was automatically installed with my last upgrade.  You can find it in the upper right corner next to the "pocket" icon.  It's a rectangle with a scissor.   I would have grabbed  a shot of it but it's above the browser window and would't let me.  I grabbed this clip though.  It's a nice feature.

Offline Linda2

Re: Firefox screenshot
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »
 :praise08: Yes, it is a neat feature , isn't it.  Says it is in the Beta phase so I wonder how it may evolve?  Right now it is easy-peasy.  I had been using the Snipping tool before and it is also very easy to use.  Anyway, here is what I just saw....

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:53:10 pm »
LOL!!  you captured me!!!   I am a huge fan of the snipping tool.  It's especially useful when writing tutorials to grab the images you need.  I keep that little goodie on my task bar so it's easy to grab.  Microsoft did a good job on that one.

Not sure how much more the Firefox one can evolve unless it somehow lets you use it anywhere like we use the snipping tool.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 09:13:00 am »
I haven't used Firefox in a long time. Love the Windows Snipping Tool and use it regularly.

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:36:49 am »
I have used the snipping tools for years  I agree with you MaryLou it is one thing Microsoft got right.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)