Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: After my trip...Grethe  (Read 38 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

After my trip...Grethe
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:04:38 pm »
Yes, after my trip I'm exhausted. My sister and I are good friends, but we are sooo different.  :laugh2: And she loves walking around, I can't, my back is now sooo PAINFULL!!
But I survived.  :yes04:
But when I arrived my airport, I couldn't find my car! Or to be honest I could not remember where I parked!  :blackcat: :blackcat: It is a small airport (Billund), but still. I walked around on ground floor, sooo sure I parked there. In the end my back was sooo painfull I was about to weep!  :sadcry: :sadcry: And I went back to the terminal to ask for help, got to go back to the parking house, talked (shamefull) with the info and asked for help, waiting a little and a security guard drove me around...and THERE MY BELOVED CAR was...totally another place than I assumed!  :doh: :rofl: So I got home about 1 hour later than expected, had to stop for a hot dog too.  :laugh8:

The lesson learned, IF i ever go by plane, write where I park, or take the car with me!   :bluebiker:

End of story, I'm EXHAUSTED! Sleeping with eyes open most of the day.  :laugh2:

Offline MaryLou

Re: After my trip...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:47:15 pm »
Grethe, I know the feeling of a lost car!!  I lose mine quite often.  On the good side, my keyring has a "car finder" and when I push it, it makes the horn beep on my car and I can go right to it.   It can be so frustrating!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:36:44 pm »
Thank you for your suppoert, ML. A car-finder wouldn't have helped, the car was upstairs... :legs:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:10:42 am »
Why not take a picture with your phone of the car parked and the floor or lot number....thats what my sisters do.

Glad you are home... And i think many many oeople will loose cars.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:09:21 am »
Good idea, Teejay!  :girl1:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 12:05:57 pm »
Oh wow.... that's brilliant!!!  Each row in our parking lots has a sign above it showing the row number but I forget which one I parked in anyway!  Going to be taking pictures from now on!!!  :praise57: :praise16: :praise19: :praise18:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 12:07:29 pm »
Glad you enjoyed your visit Grethe, pity about your back pain. Oh that's horrible not remembering where you parked your car.

It's happened to me several times and on one occasion was almost in tears where I spent ages walking up and down a street looking for it, convinced that I had parked it there only to discover an hour later that I had parked in the next street. I felt like the men in the White coats were watching ready to whisk me away!  :elmo: 

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 12:19:40 pm »
Glad you enjoyed your trip Grethe I think it has happened to us all that we cannot find our cars.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 12:50:32 pm »
Glad you had a good trip and hope your back recovers soon!  Yup, I wonder if there is anyone that hasn't lost their car at least once!   :laugh8:  I had to get help to find mine once too!  So embarassing!  :legs:

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 12:56:07 pm »
I'm soooo glad to read that you also have forgotten where you parked!  :laugh8: Made my day.  :elmo:

The back is almost back to normal, a little pain, but to live with. Physio on monday!  :yehaw:

Offline Margaret

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 01:38:31 pm »
Glad you had a good trip Grethe. We too lost our car at the Vancouver International Airport, on our return from Scotland last year. We had got on the wrong shuttlebus!!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)