Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Arrow going all over the place - SherylC  (Read 131 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

Arrow going all over the place - SherylC
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
Think it's one of the days today where AD is challenging my patience! lol

The arrow keys to nudge an image is all out of sync...the left arrow which would normally nudge to the left, is nudging right, down and anywhere it likes. The other arrow keys are behaving in the same naughty manner! 

Wondering if this is something new or if anyone else has had the pleasure!  :cheergirl:
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline Sue Honstain

Re: Arrow going all over the place - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
Do you have other programs running on your PC besides AD? Sometimes the resources on the PC get used up and erratic things start happening. I always shut down everything but AD and Edge browser if I'm using a tutorial to do my image. I learned that a long time ago. If it doesn't stop misbehaving I shut all programs down and then turn my PC off for a few minutes before turning it back on. I count slowly to 10 before I restart my PC.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 05:27:54 PM »
Shez, I would restart the computer.  It sound like your keyboard is confused.   It doesn't sound like a software problem.  Good luck!! :cheergirl: :cheergirl:

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
Sheryl I have had this problem but not a lot I find the only time I do have it is when I am using it a lot. I just save and start  A D
I know it was a problem with the Beta testing.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 06:15:55 AM »
Thanks Sue, MaryLou and San. Closing AD and restarting usually does the trick.

It does seem to play up after I've been using it for a while San. Maybe it just gets tetchy and tired when overused! lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
I  think it tries to hold too much in memory and somehow, when the memory is full, it drops out stuff to make room for more.  That's just a guess though.  It explains why a restart works because by then, the memory is cleared out.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
Yes, that's true MaryLou...a bit like me actually. Leave mundane chores to do more important ones when feeling overstretched! lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 12:19:01 PM »
It's those mundane chores that are so hard to do!!  My home is never messy which makes it more difficult to clean!  :laugh1:

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
LOL..I quite believe it MaryLou.   I need to reorganise my sewing room...stuff everywhere and it's driving me crazy trying to find bits and bobs.  Problem is when I last tidied it up I couldn't find a darn thing so what's the point!  lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »
LOL!!!  I know people that are that way - stuff everywhere.  I always wonder how they can find everything.  I'm the opposite, everything has it's place and that's where it is when I go to bed at night.  I guess I don't want to die and leave a messy house or something like that!  :easter03:

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
Well it started off very organised but now that my collection of products have grown, I guess I need a larger room. A friend of mine has had a log cabin built in her garden which she uses as a craft quarter. I like the idea but not sure I want to be in a cabin in the bottom of the garden alone when it's dark...or light come to that.   

Offline Teejay

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
shes  sometimes you are so funny....i mean it really really funny :thumb3:

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
LOL...not that anyone would be interested in little old me but you never know Teejay!  :laugh1:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!