Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Tab Key tip - SherylC  (Read 235 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

Tab Key tip - SherylC
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »
If you have a busy workspace and you want some extra room, press the Tab Key and all your palettes will temporarily disappear from your workspace. Just press the Tab key again to bring them back.  I came across this purely by accident by hitting the Tab Key instead of the Cap Lock!.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline San

Re: Tab Key tip - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
What an awesome tip.

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »
If you have a busy workspace and you want some extra room, press the Tab Key and all your palettes will temporarily disappear from your workspace. Just press the Tab key again to bring them back.  I came across this purely by accident by hitting the Tab Key instead of the Cap Lock!.

Good tip to keep for future use Sheryl. :excellent-1:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 05:23:14 PM »
Sheryl, the exact same thing happened to me!  I was going to  post it but kept being distracted. Thanks for doing it! 

I created a text box and I didn't like the way the text was right up against the margin so I hit the tab key and everything went away!  I pressed the tab key again, and it all came back. 

This, and the backslash key (or is it a forward slash?)  the one to the right of the bracket keys are very handy because that one toggles the view of between everything in the workspace and the document only.  :easter14:

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 12:08:00 AM »
That's a handy little tip to know too MaryLou, thanks. It's great when we discover something useful by accident! lol.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »
Happy accident!  :coolfb: Thanks for the tip  :ok2:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »
I put these little things on my web page in the "tips" section so I don't forget them!! :laugh1:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
That is what I do too MaryLou.... :cheergirl:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »
Sue,  what is the link to your web page?   I try to keep mine updated but the older I get the slower I go and the more I want to sleep!  I never seem to get everything done that I plan for the day.  Guess I need to start adjusting my plans to be more realistic!

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 08:27:57 PM »
I don't have a web page MaryLou. I do have a Photobucket page. Here's the url to that: Sue's Photobucket Albums

If you want an image just download it to you PC or Laptop. I copyright images I have made with ©SHonstain or put other credits on them when I use others work.  Just let me know if you take anything to use, OK.  I share my images with members of Marvelous Artworks Forum I belong to and am a Team Member their as well as other things I do behind the scenes like proof reading new lessons that are written before the are posted on the Forum. We have 900 + or - lessons available for students to do all for free using Paint Shop Pro versions plus Animation Shop Lessons as well. That is where I learned vectors and digital painting. Also pixeling lessons, etc.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »
Nice site, Sue!!  I see a lot of images that I recognize from various projects.  That's a great way to display things too!!   :praise26:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »
Thank you MaryLou for commenting on my work there. :thanks06:

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »
That's a good idea using PB to display your images Sue...you have a very nice gallery too. I have a PB account but barely use it. Maybe I should upload my work there at least until I get a chance to update my site. 

Offline Grethe

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 09:13:38 AM »
Nice site, Sue!  :thumb3:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »
Thank you Sheryl and Grethe :thanks06: :clapping2:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!