Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: It's a stitch up - SherylC  (Read 231 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

It's a stitch up - SherylC
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
Got these made just in time to give to my daughter as an Easter gifts. I filled the Orange fabric basket with Chocolate goodies and put mini eggs into the inner 4 cone shape pockets. The Blue bag will be used as a travel bag for holding toiletries and has a mini matching wallet. I wanted to keep them for myself but that just wouldn't be cricket! lol
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline Teejay

Re: It's a stitch up - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »
ohhhhh i can see why you would wan them...they are so lovely ...
what a lucky girl.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:47:48 PM »
OH my, those are so cute!!!  I love the basket with the inner pockets!!  People don't give home-made gifts anymore, which is a shame.  The commercial stuff is forgotten about the day after the event.   Both are lovely!!!   I wish I could see well enough to sew again.   :praise59: :praise10:

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 05:45:09 AM »
Thank you Teejay and MaryLou.

I love the Easter basket too. I got a few orders to make 3 for two cousins and a friend who wish to give them as gifts. I charge for the materials but not my time...hard to put a price on that and I don't want to make money from family and friends to be honest, even though they offer.  At least I can put the money toward purchasing more fabric. I find sewing so rewarding and happy to make something that somebody would like to have...enough said. lol

Offline Lin

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 08:04:56 AM »
those are beautiful Sheryl.. wow.. how do you find time to do all that.. lol well, I guess if I didn't read a book or two a day I might have time to do something else also.. LOL

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »
Thank you Lin. Well back in 2014 I put my hand up as far as it would go when the head of the school asked hands up anyone who is interested in applying for voluntary redundancies! lol. I was lucky to get it as my role was as dedicated administrator for almost 11 years. If I had been one of a team then I wouldn't have got out! lol

I am too young yet to retire fully at age 59 (thanks to the government raising the retirement age to 65), so in the meantime work in a local Primary school a few hours a week as a supervisor....no stress, heaven. Now I have more time to do other things such as sewing.  Like you, I also love to read usually before putting out the light before bed. 

Offline Nicky

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:17:45 PM »
 :praise59: love both projects Sheryl.

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
 :praise10: work on those project Sheryl.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 03:11:17 AM »
Thank you Nicky and San. I am juggling sewing, playing in AD & AP and now trying out some wood burning techniques to embellish/engrave......well wood! lol

I have asked hubby to build me a huge log cabin in the garden so that I can use it as a workshop...he rolled his eyes and said, too expensive so I guess that's a no! lol

Offline Majse

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »
It must be fun to have such talents, Sheryl. They are beautiful. I can't do stuff like that. I don't even have the patience to try  :laugh8:

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
Thanks Majse. It is fun and very rewarding. My patience is not the strongest to be honest like today I made a simple grocery bag which I've made time and time again without any issues but decided this time to add some pretty embellishments to it...so took me a bit longer to make. Turned out a tad too narrow and ended up having to make another......ggrrr!. lol

Offline Majse

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 05:56:16 AM »
Grrrr - well as I said. You have the patience ...

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 12:43:41 PM »
Thanks again.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!