Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Noise Ava  (Read 71 times)

Ava

Noise Ava
« on: July 25, 2016, 03:23:57 PM »
I have looked and looked and looked and am unable to find the noise button.  Can anybody tell me where it is?

Offline Lynn

Re: Noise Ava
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:36:14 PM »
Ava, Noise share a slider with Opacity at the bottom of the Color Panel. The round button on the left determines whether the slider is for Opacity or Noise. If it says Opacity, just click on it and it will now be the Noise slider.

Ava

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:01:48 PM »
Thank you So much Lynn.    :cheer3:   I spent a lot of time today looking everywhere for it. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:50 PM »
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!!  Like Ava, I looked everywhere for noise!!  I did find some sliders in various places in the Effects but they didn't seem to do anything.   :thanks06: :thanks06: Lynn!!  Now I know how to make a whole lot of noise!!!!   That really is a neat feature!! :wow3:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Lynn

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »
It's certainly not obvious, is it? Click on Opacity to get Noise!

Ava

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 05:10:02 PM »
Well, I tried it out and yes I got a Lot of noise.  But - when I wanted to do an additional shape without the noise (and it was turned off) the new shape also had the noise.  Could not make it stop having noise. It was definitely on opacity and not the noise button.  I am wondering how to stop that?

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
Ava, Slide the noise level gauge all the way to the left to turn off the noise.

Ava

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
I did that MaryLou.  All the way to the left and opacity showing.  Will play with it again tomorrow

Offline Lynn

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »
Slide it all the way to the left with the word Noise showing. Then click on the toggle to go to Opacity.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »
Yes, Ava, Lynn is right, you have to move the Noise lever to the left first, then click  the Opacity button. I thought I put that in the How To?  I better go back and check that.

Ava

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 09:13:01 AM »
Thanks Lynn and MaryLou.  I did it that way and yes, it worked.  Glad to get that down pat...

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)