Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Selection lines disappear  (Read 374 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Selection lines disappear
« on: August 13, 2016, 01:52:14 pm »
I don't recall this happening in prior versions but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I have several objects in my  workspace. I want to group them.
I hold down the Shift key and select the items I want to group.
The Context toolbar appears and I select Group from the toolbar.
Works Fine.

I ungrouped the items and decided to group them again.
I use the Move tool and drag a box around all the things I want to group.
The selection lines appear as they should but the Context Toolbar does NOT appear.

The only way I can group now is to right-click (which removes all the selection lines) and select Group. The objects do group but there is no selection line to show they are grouped.

I could right-click in the Layers panel and select Group and it works fine.

Can someone else try this to see if you get the same results?  The problem seems to be there is no Context tool bar when you drag a box around several objects that you want to group.

Offline Teejay

Re: Selection lines disappear
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 02:32:59 pm »
i only get the group option on the context menu when i hold shift and click each shape i want to group.
i also have the group option on the right click and  in the layers when i select this way.

if i hold shift and drag a box around the items i do not get the context menu group button option. nor do i get it in the right click
only in the layers menu is the group possible.

extra

if i open all teeny arrows in  the layers pallet and hold shift and select all
the group option on the context bar is  back and active....

if all the teeny arrows are open in the layers and i drag a shift box around the items in the workspace...the right click also has the group option  BUT not on the context bar.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:35:28 pm »
Lynn, thanks for backing up my two post re the selection lines and the dropper tool. When more than one person has the same complaint, it seems to gather much more attention.  :yes03:

Offline Lynn

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:12:57 pm »
Yes, they like to have confirmation of problems from more than one person.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)