Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: AD 1.5.0.26 (RC) Brushes Crashes ~ Lynn  (Read 491 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

AD 1.5.0.26 (RC) Brushes Crashes ~ Lynn
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:43:35 pm »
I wanted to use a brush in AD today, but when I clicked on the Brushes Panel no brushes showed in either Persona. If I held the cursor over where the brushes were supposed to be I could actually select the brush that was highlighted (whatever it was?), but if I tried to paint with it, AD crashed after a stroke or two. I tried several times; the results were the same.

Any ideas of anything to try before I report it at the Affinity Forum?

Offline MaryLou

Re: AD 1.5.0.26 (RC) Brushes Crashes ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:55:18 pm »
No problem here, Lynn.  I tried using brushes in both vector and pixel modes. Worked fine.  You don't have to report that because the message is automatically sent in.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo . . .

Offline Nicky

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 07:54:33 am »
All is fine with mine also

Offline Linda2

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 08:19:33 am »
How is it this morning Lynn? Did a reboot fix the brush problem or is it a real glitch in your AD?  I tried mine last night and have been using it today with no problems noted.  Good luck.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:53:46 am »
It is still not working. I've not been in a hurry to report it, since it is the weekend, and the Serif guys will not be back to work until tomorrow.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 11:06:30 am »
I understand.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 11:35:39 am »
Lynn, did you try to reinstall it?  Sometimes, that helps.  It will ask if you want to repair.. and that's what I'd try.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 03:32:43 pm »
That was a good idea, MaryLou. I went to the Control Panel, clicked on Uninstall, and got the list of programs. I clicked on the AD Beta and it asked if I really wanted to uninstall, I said Yes and it uninstalled. Strangely, it did not offer to let me repair. After the un-installation, I reinstalled the Beta. The brushes were back! And they work.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 11:05:16 pm »
That's great, Lynn!! Since you uninstalled via the control panel, you would not get the option to repair.  The beta prob ably found some left over files and unijnstalled those but since you actually deleted it, there was nothing to repair.

I'm glad you got it sorted out.   Anytime I have a malfunction like that, the first thing I do is reinstall to see if it makes a difference. Most times, it does.  Another problem solved! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)