Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Affinity Photo Beta  (Read 874 times)

Offline BillTopic starter

Affinity Photo Beta
« on: November 10, 2016, 06:29:47 am »
 :wow2: Got a email this morning and Affinity Photo Beta is out, I got it all downloaded,  :praise73:
Hugz Bill

Offline Teejay

Re: Affinity Photo Beta
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:01:18 am »
lol i did too i dunno ...

Offline Grethe

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:04:43 am »
Me too...downloaded but haven't have time to investigate... :cancan:

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 07:12:34 am »
So far just playing around it looks very good for photo work, does a lot of nice things and using Filters and the Layers menus, I am still new to this A photo so will be practicing with it , let you all know  what I find
Hugz Bill

Offline Grethe

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 08:18:28 am »
Yes, please share, Bill! I will too  :chickdance:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 11:50:34 am »
Yep... me too!!   It's downloading now.  I always used PI for my photo editing so will welcome having another program for photo work. 

I bet it won't be more than a few weeks before AD is released !!  If there is enough interest, and someone wants to moderate it, we could have a section for AP and start learning how to use it.  Any thoughts??
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »
One program at the time, ML. But of course, AP will most likely be a good replacement for PI. I use PSP because it make me work with the working extentions for Canon, and that is important. Guess AP with have the option too in time.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »
Learning to use AP is going to be easy because it looks just like AD!  Has some excellent features as well as a ton of videos on how to use it.  I don't have a photo editing program that's current so I need to learn to use one. 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 01:11:33 pm »
i couldnt moderate a photo forum but i would be interested in learning this  if you had a forum... i like learning this way.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 01:47:25 pm »
MaryLou,  I have been using the AP for 5 hrs now, and it is a lot like PI , but a lot more features. it is like having a super photo program. I have put in some filters and works great. I have went thru some of the AP tutorials on video, and very nice tuts. I think you could add it to the forum as you say , the tools are close to AD.
I tried the cloning tool like it shows in the cloning video and  :wow2: does it work super great, and the masking is great
Hugz Bill

Ava

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 04:44:55 pm »
I downloaded mine today also .  I see a mesh warp tool that I know TJ will love.   

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 05:13:35 pm »
Here is something I worked on using affinity photo, it is is using the Liquify persona at the top tool bar,

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hugz Bill

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 05:15:13 pm »
Top picture is the original,  bottom is with liquify persona added
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 06:18:42 pm »
Bill, I played with the Liquify persona for a while.. it's so much fun!!!  I really want to learn to use this program and if since there are videos, that will help a lot.  It would help not only with photos but things we create in AD and want to spruce them up.

Ava

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 07:11:59 pm »
That tool looks like a distortion tool to me and it certainly does do the job.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)