Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Ctrl+Y the redo shortcut -Teejay  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Bill

Re: Ctrl+Y the redo shortcut -Teejay
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 07:06:14 pm »
Yes, Nicky, you explained this perfect, ctrl Z is undo,  and ctrl Y is redo, the ctrl Y is only when you delete CtrlZ something, the ctrl Y puts back what you deleted
Hugz Bill

Offline Nicky

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 07:10:07 pm »
Yes Bill that is what it does for me too. Strange that some issues for some and not for others.   MaryLou did you try to reinstall AD? A while back can't remember who? Lynn)...was having problems and after reinstall it was fine

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 07:32:53 pm »
Nicky, I had the problem in the prior version when they first installed this feature.  It's still there after I downloaded and installed the latest version.   I'm not the only one with this problem - Teejay has it as does another guy who posted in my thread.

The first problem is, when I edited the key strokes, it showed different codes for Re-do.  So. they told me how to change it, which I did.  Now it says Ctrl+Y as the keystroke.  However, when I use it now, nothing happens.... absolutely nothing.  That's what the other person said too... his does nothing.  That tells me there is a problem in the program.
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Nicky

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 12:54:22 am »
MaryLou , I am sorry for not understanding the problem...now reading this I don't grasp what you mean by:  when I edited the key strokes, . Would you tell me what it means? as I just hold the CTRL and Z keys each time I need to undo. I did not do anything else to the keyboard. Thanks

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 06:56:06 am »
have just downloaded and installed the 36-er

and my Ctrl +Y  is still not working
i mad 7 squares i ctrl +z undid 3 ...i ctrl +Y reo and got the line view...
am off to report it...

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 01:06:25 pm »
Teejay, have you checked to make sure  your keystrokes are correct?  Mine were not.  They had CTRL+Shift+Z in the ReDo slot.  After resetting the keystrokes, all is well. 

Nicky, you can edit the strokes and set your own keystrokes.  The defaults were wrong on my screen. I was getting the old ones they had prior to changing it to CTRL+Y. 

To see the assigned keystrokes, go to Edit\Preferences and select Keyboard Shortcuts.  There are two dropdown windows on the upper left.  One says Draw, the other says File.

Open the one that says File, then select Edit.  Now you can see the settings for the various keys in that category.  On the ReDo, mine had Ctrl_Shift+Z.  I clicked the Reset button and the Ctrl+Y popped in and fixed my problems. 

To change a keystroke, click the X in box on the right to remove the one that is there, then press the new keystrokes that you want to use.  If it is already in use, you will get a little caution icon.  When you are happy with what you've done, you can save the keystrokes and re-load them when needed (like after a new beta). 

So, now all is working well for me.  Hope this helps anyone else who is having a problem.   Don't forget though, you must first use Undo before you can use ReDo.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »
So glad it is fixed...a good learning curve also. I never twick the shortcuts keys...so will leave it as is.

Thanks for explaining.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 05:56:38 pm »
I've never played with them before either, Nicky.  I prefer to leave things the way they are.  It's a lot more difficult to write tutorials when you change things like that.  You tend to forget that you changed it and that the other person won't have the same thing.  I like leaving things just as they are.  :cancan:

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 01:03:20 am »
that worked for me  i had to close and then relaunch AD and now it works ..like you i had to undo the line view Ctrl+Y
and write it in the redo

thankyou  i dont like it when i am out of kilter with everyone else ...
i also have a mouse that i can allocate  shortcut keys to..
i have a top button that i use for undo ..Ctrl+z
i have 2 side buttons ...i can allocate the redo Ctrl+Y to one of those ...now it works... :praise53:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 02:10:45 pm »
Teejay, I  hate to say it but you are always out of kilter with everyone else!   :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:  But, that's a good thing!!    :praise53:

Am glad you got it working.  That's another problem solved!!  My mouse doesn't do all of that, it's a little cheapie but my tablet will let me program 4 different keys.  That'doesn't help since I don't use the tablet for anything but games! :cancan:

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:45 pm »
talk about me being out of kilter ....!!!!  lol  you are so funny

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 02:31:01 pm »
Ummmm.......  no comment!!!!!!   :elmo: :lizard: :girl1:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)