Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Simple Swirl help please  (Read 38 times)

Chris B

Simple Swirl help please
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:36:25 AM »
Hi everyone I was attempting the swirl tutorial today but hit a problem, I have the second shape active as instructed but when I press Control and J it duplicates the layer but doesn't move it, so I ended up with a dozen layers all in the same position. I don't know what I am doing wrong so any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Chris.

Offline Teejay

Re: Simple Swirl help please
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:08:21 AM »
i think i might know what is happening

at step 6 you  ctrl click your shape to duplicate it
at step 7  you use the move tool to move Down shrink and rotate a small amount ..

it is important that you dont touch anything else with your mouse ..(if you do you deselect all you have done and you will duplicate the shape on top of each other) believe me i KNOW..i do it ALL the time.

so try it again
and make sure you dont click on anything after using the move tool to shrink turn and position your shape .
then hit the ctrl J

if this isnt it  just yell out ... 

Chris B

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:36:03 AM »
 :praise53: Thanks TJ, I tried countless times and was getting nowhere. I even tried chocolate and when that didn't work I knew I was in big trouble :laugh8:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
nooooooooooooooo  chocolate must have helped ...maybe if you had posted that chocolate to me and i ate it for you ...it wouldve work the first time.....lol   :thumbsup:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 01:04:48 PM »
I cannot count how many times I did that exact same thing!!!  Glad you got it sorted out!! :praise53:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Mali

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:23 AM »
Me too! lol 
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)