Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: spring forward fall back -Teejay  (Read 280 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

spring forward fall back -Teejay
« on: October 27, 2017, 12:57:10 am »
on sunday our clocks in England go back an hour .... and i dont want to so i am not going to..
i am putting my foot down and stamping. :elephant: :elephant2:
i thought i would best warn you when i seem to be late or early or whatever....
i am not going to play the time game any more. :hal25: :tj1:  :laugh8:   :tantrum1:

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
Re: spring forward fall back -Teejay
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 01:03:40 am »
i love BST
i have to force myself to stay in that extra hour

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 01:39:01 am »
 :laugh8: :laugh2: :laugh8: :elmo:  that is so funny   :laugh8: :laugh2: :laugh8:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 01:57:36 am »
The clocks go back in Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland too. Going to be dark around 3pm in the whole of the UK once the clocks go back. Dark in the mornings going to school or work and dark when we leave. 

Us Brits need to make sure we get our Vitamin D supplements.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 02:13:48 am »
i am sooooooooo dreading it...

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 02:37:11 am »
I don't mind at first but after a few weeks the darkness gets tiresome. I feel for the people who suffer with SADS as it's very tough on them. 

Offline Linda R

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:52:53 am »
In the US we don't switch until the first Sunday in Nov.  It gets dark way to early after that! 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 09:52:37 pm »
I hate the time changes too!!!   We get a few days reprieve because we fall back on Nov. 5th this year.  I wish they would leave us on DST permanently.  I don't want it to be dark by 5pm!!  It makes for such a long night.   Teejay, I don't think stamping your feet is going to help, the powers that be are going to stick it to us, like it or not!!!    :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Linda2

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 08:04:05 am »
I agree totally....I do not like the time change!  You know , there has been talk of trying to make DST permanent for the last couple of years but sadly, it gets lost in all the other trivia that Washington is dealing with daily.  I find it to be very annoying and it takes me a week or so to acclimate my body to the darker days...not to mention our pup who can tell exactly when it is 5p.m.....except then it will be 4p.m.  :laugh8: 

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 01:09:36 pm »
It's not just Washington, it's world wide.  Seems no one really likes the time change.  Children are leaving for school when it's still dark outside!  That's not good.  It's time for DST to GO!!!!!

Same here on becoming acclimated once again and so does Daisy.  She gets so confused the first week because she is used to eating her dinner at exactly 6pm and if I don't get up and fix it, she becomes agitated and demanding!    I will start feeding her 10 minutes earlier than what she's used to and increase that every few days until she becomes adjusted.   It always amazes me at how animals can tell time so accurately and they don't have a watch! :lol02:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 12:07:19 pm »
Same here in the nordic country as well. It's a pain, they should stop it now, people and animals don't like it, so why the continue...and who decide?!

Offline Grethe

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 12:08:31 pm »
It always amazes me at how animals can tell time so accurately and they don't have a watch! :lol02:
They get hungry, ML!  :lol02:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 02:45:08 pm »
True, but they have such a perfect clock!!  Animals are much smarter than we give them credit for.  :hal25: :hal25:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)