Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Managing all those brushes!  (Read 500 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Managing all those brushes!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 07:14:28 pm »
Majse,  first, congratulations on giving up those cigarettes!!!    You hubby thanks you, your friends thank you, your puppy thanks you and I thank you!!

If you want to keep your fill patterns organized and make them available to all programs, it's easy to do.  I have one folder called My Fills and Textures.  Under that folder, I have many more, one for each type of fill.  This is just a tiny example:

They are not associated with any particular program, they are just all in their own little folders .  They can be accessed by virtually any graphic program.  In AD, you can access them in several ways (make styles out of them) but the easiest way is to do it this way:

Not sure that's what you were looking for but even if not... it might help someone.

Offline Majse

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 10:51:55 pm »
I think this is perfect for me  :thanks06: :thanks06: I will print it out and I hope it is okay  :jumper: :thanks06:

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 04:43:09 pm »
It has worked for me for a very long time.  I can grab what I need in PhotoImpact, PSP, DrawPlus Affinity Designer and Photo.  The images don't "belong" to any specific program and all are either .png, .jpg, or .gif which are standard formats and usable by virtually all graphic programs. 

Hope it helps for you and yes, you can print it out.  One way to do that is to use the Windows Snipping tool to capture the page, then click on the File option and email it to yourself.  :jumper:

Offline Majse

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 01:16:35 am »
I have never heard of a snipping tool - But I think I get the idea. Thanks again  :thanks06:

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 01:14:34 pm »
OH my goodness!  I couldn't live without the snipping tool!!  If you have Windows, you have it.  Go to the Windows screen and open All Apps. Scroll down until you find Windows Accessories.  Open that and you'll see the snipping Tool.   Pin it to your start menu or Task bar. 

Once you click it, select New, then you can grab a picture of anything on the monitor - no matter what it is - and save it. It's a very small program and is very fast and easy to use.  I use it to get all the graphics for tutorials, and just about everything else.

Give it a try - you're sure to love it!! :thumb3:

Offline Majse

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 05:43:48 am »
I normally take printscreen and paste it into PSP. But I will try this one- thanks for the tip  :thanks06:

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 12:55:48 pm »
The problem with Printscreen is, you get the entire screen.  With the Snipping Tool, you just drag a box around what you want to snip.  I used to do the PrintScreen thing when there was nothing else to use but Windows finally gave us a really great tool for grabbing things.

If you keep it on your task bar, it's always there and easy to grab.  I know you'll like it.  :stars:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »
I do not know what I would do without the snipping tool I would have to buy an app that did it I suppose.

Offline San

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 02:36:38 pm »
The snipping tool sits on my task bar as  use it so often it is a great tool.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 04:01:33 pm »
I would actually pay for an app that works like the Snipping Tool if Windows didn't have one.  I use it many times per day. Between that and TreePad, they are my  most used programs.... oops....  gotta get with the times.... apps! :thumb3:

Offline Lin

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 08:40:01 pm »
LOL MaryLou.. yeah apps.. I have a problem with using the word apps too.. but ... can we say we are just a bit retro?? lol

I've used the snipping tool, but usually don't ... since I'm already in PSP all the time I just use a screenshot just takes a second to use the crop tool.. lol or, I just don't like change.. pick one LOL

Offline Teejay

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 01:12:14 am »
in any program including psp I use the snipping tool
you can change the file from jpg gif  or png ... there is something called a  'single file HTML ' you can save as
I am going to google that one just in case its a really neat option...

you can also copy your snip and paste it into the workspace
  I don't like the screen capture at all now. But sometimes you have to use it

c'mon lin ...get into the hip way of doing stuffs with your apps lol

Offline Lin

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 07:02:19 am »
lol umm  I'm happy like I am.. I be stubborn lol

Offline Teejay

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 08:51:58 am »
i acceprt you as you are  your gorgeous and lovely and mine

Offline Majse

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 10:17:55 am »
Lin, I do the same. Into psp and crop

I put the new tool in my task bar. I will try to get used to it but it looks a little complicated LOLL

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)