Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Sharing others brush...Grethe  (Read 333 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

Re: Sharing others brush...Grethe
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 04:24:19 am »
What images, Teejay!?  :whistle:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 05:06:37 am »
 :laugh1: :stars:   erm.... :thumb3:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »
The evidence has all been destroyed!!!  We don't want anyone chasing us down.  If in California, starting tomorrow,  you could smoke it!! :yes01: :yes01:  Hmmmm  wondering if I should take up smoking again??   :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Offline Majse

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 11:37:10 pm »
NO SMOKING, ML. Because you think of it you must be punished. Make a Smoking-not-allowed sign....  :laugh8:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 12:24:11 am »
LOL!!!   I smoked for over 50 years and believe me, I would never start up again.  However, as of today, it's legal to have marijuana in your possession. You can have one ounce legally.  Well, almost legal.  The state says it's legal but the federal government says it's not.  I really hate that it's legal because it smells so bad!!  Good thing I shop on-line instead of the real stores!! :laugh1:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 12:38:44 am »
well I likethe smell of the solid stuff .... bit I cant smoke or eat it ...and believe me I have tried
each and every time my legs turn to lead and I projectile puke ...at the time I think it hilarious ...but its not ...is it.

I tried a magic mushroom sandwich once ...  nothing.... not even  a daydream...the excuse was the mushrooms were to old... I think I was to old maybe...
 :stars:

Offline Majse

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 02:22:24 am »
Your state is very liberal. People would flip here LOLL

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 01:04:52 pm »
I am very much against it because it has virtually the same effect as alcohol. We have enough drunk drivers on the roads as it is and do not need more "medicated" people driving.   California is extremely liberal.  The kids love going to college here because it is so liberal. They can do just about anything they want and get away with it.  We are over run with illegals who take advantage of our resources (welfare, medical benefits, etc.) and our jails are bubbling over with people who demand things like TV, better meals, and everything they had before going to jail.  They usually get it.

Our larger cities are becoming sanctuary cities where the police can't go after illegals. Most of them are in the southern part of the state but just last year, Sacramento joined the fray.  I would so love to see the state split into two states starting with Sacramento all the way to the northern border and put everything below us in the southern area.  That won't happen but one can wish!! :yes01:

Offline Majse

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 07:13:12 am »
It is sad to read, ML. Because nothing good comes out of abuse and making it legal doesn't make it better. I guess some will use that for an excuse for the abuse

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 12:29:15 pm »
I was a heavy smoker for 20 years but gave it up 23 yrs ago. It would only take one puff on a cigarette and I would probably start smoking again. No way do I want to go down that road again.

I was shocked to see in my local supermarket that a pack of 20 cigs are 10. If I was still smoking 25 cigs a day that would cost me that would cost me almost 90 per week.........wow! lol Tax is very high in the UK!

Legalising drugs would send out the wrong message....that it's ok to be high!. I am dead against it. We have enough problems in the world as it is.

Offline Majse

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:16 am »
I was a heavy smoker too - about 44-46 cigarettes every day. I couldn't wake up before I had smoked at least 3 cigarettes. And like you - I could start right away. So all or nothing for me  :yes03:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 12:44:09 pm »
Wow, that was a lot of cigarettes Majse. You must be mega wealthy since giving it up!  :laugh1:  :stars:

That's what I thought when I gave up smoking but the money went on something else. However, I do feel much healthier (I think! lol) and that was the main reason for giving it up!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »
When I  stopped smoking, they had gone up to $1.25 for a pack of 20 cigarettes.  I was smoking 3 packs per day!  Many of them just sat in an ashtray and burned up and I would immediately light up another one.  That was over $25 per week.  I finally realized that it was just taking the money out of my purse and lighting a match to it.  I don't know what they cost these days but I hear it's VERY expensive.

I remember when my mother got tired of rolling her own cigarettes way back in the 50's, they were about 17 cents per pack.  When they got up to 22 cents per pack, they packaged them with 3 pennies inside the cellophane so you would get change back when you put a quarter into the machine.

It's interesting watching a movie today compared to one from 30 years ago.  It seems that EVERYONE smoked in the older movies. In my photo albums, I have a cigarette in my hand in almost every photo.  it was the thing to do.  Today, you NEVER see that happen, not on TV either.  When I watch some of the old Dean Martin re-runs, there he is with a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. 

I cannot understand why California legalized that pot. It stinks to high heaven... nasty stuff.  On the other hand, the Federal government is coming down on some of them pretty hard.. and I'm all for that!   About the only "smoke" I like is the smell from a good pipe tobacco.  That usually has such a nice aroma.  Don't see men using them anymore either.

Offline Majse

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 05:34:38 am »
When I saw a movie or anything in tv and they were smoking - I reached out for my packet too. Without thinking. I did get at little fat when I stopped smoking

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)