Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New member intro - Örjan Widegren  (Read 310 times)

ORJWID

New member intro - Örjan Widegren
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:30:07 pm »
Hi,
For a number of years I have used Serif programs, so when Affinity Designer and Photo were introduced, I immediately acquired them. At first I found AD much less user friendly than DrawPlus, when now, as I have got used to the program, I really like it. Just by way of introduction, I attach an Easter greeting card I made.
See you!

Offline Teejay

Re: New member intro - Örjan Widegren
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:34 am »
Hi  orjan
and a warm welcome to Pirc from the UK

I LOVED Drawplus I still do in fact but AD I THE best vector program I have got ...I cant wait for the meshhfill tool to arrive .

you are a bit early with the easter card arnt you  its a beauty tho  :tada:

enjoy the site and hope to bump into you.

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:50:19 pm »
Hi Orjan and welcome  I think A D is one of the best programs I have used.

Hope you stick around and we see some more of your work.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 03:58:03 pm »
Welcome, Orjan!!   :yes03:  We were a DrawPlus forum for a while but when Serif discontinued it, we all switched over to Affinity Designer.  I still think DrawPlus was a far better program as it had so many neat features!  However, we're hoping that AD will catch up in the future.   They don't want to overwhelm us with all the good stuff at once!

You might want to come and join us in the Do Over Workshop - we have just started to repeat all of the projects we've done since the release of AD.  It's a great way to see just how much you've learned since that first image!!   :yes01:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 09:20:02 pm »
 :welcome03: Orjan!  This is a great place to learn more about AD and AP!  Your Easter card is  :praise60:  Hope to see more of your work!  :woof:

Offline Majse

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 01:32:30 am »
Welcome to the group - it is a nice and helpful group. I am Majse - Danish woman

Nice card you made  :praise65:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 07:36:35 am »
 :welcome01: Řrjan! You'll love it here. As Majse I live in Denmark, but born in Norway.  :yes03:

Offline Eddie

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:59:54 pm »
 :welcome03: hi Orjan, I am from the uk and quite new to AD and this group but enjoy both. The members of this group are very supportive and friendly and you will gain quite a bit of knowledge from them.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 08:28:38 am »
Welcome Örjan.  Hope you will enjoy learning and sharing with us.  Can't believe Easter is only a month or so away, early this year 30th March I believe. Your card is very pretty and cheerful.  :cancan:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)