Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Poet's Corner  (Read 207 times)

Offline Tom CTopic starter

The Poet's Corner
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:40:23 pm »
I've been away from the forum for a long time.......I'm still in Pirc mode...LOL
so I know this probably isn't the correct place to post an animation....still with GA'
so give me 30 lashes with a wet noodle....
  The Poets Corner

Online MaryLou

Re: The Poet's Corner
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:35:57 pm »
Hello, Stranger!   It HAS been a long time!   Nice to see you again.  Tried to view the Poet's Corner but it doesn't work for me.  I think the days of animated .gif files may start becoming a thing of the past.  I know the board can display them because the animated siggies all work just fine.   I even downloaded it and it wouldn't budge!

We sure had some fun times with animation over the years however, time marches on and the changes sneak up on us when we're not looking.   

The problem could be in the animation because I know they work here.  Try attaching it again but make sure that it works first.
 :stars:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo . . .

Offline Majse

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 05:52:46 am »
ML, you are a first mover but do you think gif-files will be the past soon, really? I have animation shop. It is very old but I love it  :jumper:

Sometimes I want to stop the future  :look:

Tom C, your animation is "dead" - only 1 frame in it. So the future is already here  :look:

Online MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:39:13 pm »
Majse, I too have Animation Shop and Gif Animator and I love creating animations.  Gif Animator "died" when PhotoImpact was discontinued 10 years ago.  Not sure when JASC killed off Animation Shop but it was probably around the same time.  For a long time, everyone was doing animations but I think the animation programs had advanced as far as they could and there was nothing new that could be added other than maybe some new filters.

We used to have an animation forum here but it died due to lack of participation. We seldom see animations anymore other than emots.  That's kind of a shame because there are so many good ones. 

Not sure animations even display here anymore. Going to grab a few to upload and see.

Offline Majse

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:09:51 am »
Are these your work, ML? I love them. Especially the roller coaster  :look: :look:

Online MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 01:13:12 pm »
Majse, yes, they are all mine.  So glad you like them!!  I have around 250 or so animations.  The one with the roller coaster was part of a project we were doing - things you'd find at the fair. Here is another one that goes with the roller coaster and the last one is one of my favorites.   I sure do miss those days!!!

Offline Majse

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 07:45:51 am »
OMG they are good, ML. Yeah I miss the old days too but it is good we don't grow roots but move, right  :look:

Online MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:57:32 am »
There just aren't enough hours in a day to do everything we want.  I made the little people with pixels and the rest were mostly vectors. I see now I should have put a sky behind the  rides.  Might go back and do that!!  I would like to create a web page with nothing but my animations so those who come after me can see what we did in the 90's!  That's when most all of mine were created.

Time marches on...  things are forgotten.. then rediscovered way down the road. :lizard:

Offline Majse

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 05:54:08 am »
Yeah I need more hours too. I am down with a cold these days. And now I am here and I am so behind in reading and enjoying the drawings  :yay: :look:

Good idea with a page with your animations. It has been hard work so a loss not to show them somewhere

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)