Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Hello from a Newbie in CT  (Read 122 times)

Offline Diana W.Topic starter

Hello from a Newbie in CT
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:31:37 am »
Hello, my name is Diana.  I am taking PSP lessons at BW-forums.  I have been using PSP since 1999 when it was owned by Jasc.  Started out with PSP4 and quickly upgraded to PSP5.  I upgraded a few times, to 7, 9, x, x2, x3, and now I have PSP2018.  I decided to take the lessons because I now have a Windows 10 OS, and find it not to be as easily navigated (by me) as my other versions of Windows.  Plus, it's always nice to brush up on old skills and learn new things at the same time.  :smiley01:  I will configure my profile a little bit later, but just wanted to say a quick hello!  :hi:

Offline Teejay

Re: Hello from a Newbie in CT
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:45:08 pm »
hello Diana and a very warm welcome to pirc

you may have noticed that this is no longer a PSP forum
we play with Affinity Designer and  Affinity Photo both  are AWESOME

This used to be a place for psp but we all moved to AD and AP

They are very inexpensive programs and if you are interested we have a relaxed workshop and a challenge area
have a look around  ... and if you fancy having a look there is a free trail to download of both programs .

anyway  nice meeting you.  :yes03:

Offline MaryLou

Re: Hello from a Newbie in CT
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:47:35 pm »
Hello, Diana!!   Not sure how you found us but... we no longer support PSP.  We tried it for around a while but none of us really liked it.  It's far too convoluted and confusing.  So, we switched the forum and everything over to Affinity Designer (great for vectors)  and Affinity Photo (great for manipulating photos).

You might want to give Affinity Designer a try.  It's a brand new program and still on version 1.  And, not nearly as expensive as PSP.  We have just started a new forum called Do Over Workshop where we are re-visiting all of the tutorials we've done over the last year. This is a perfect time to jump in and learn with us!! :yes03:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)