Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: BW Forum Info - please read  (Read 350 times)

Offline LinTopic starter

BW Forum Info - please read
« on: March 01, 2018, 08:00:19 am »
BW forum is down.. just a blank page or an error showing... Leenie is in the hospital and I have no idea who to contact or even if it would work if I could contact them... Do you have any ideas???? HELP
thanks
hoping you see this lol

Offline MaryLou

Re: BW Forum Info - please read
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 03:09:12 pm »
I don't know at this point.  I don't think it's the server because it's on the same server as PIRC.  Have you talked with Leenie?  Maybe she turned it off for the duration?  I will see if I can find out anything from the server owner where are hosted. 

Hope all goes well for her!  How did she manage to break a leg?

Sharon

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »
Mary Lou, she slipped on ice when leaving her eye doctor on Tuesday; had surgery yesterday.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:33:09 pm »
As some of you know, Leenie, owner of BW Forums, has broken her leg and is in the hospital where she will be having surgery.

In the meantime, there is a problem accessing her forum.  We are hosted by the same company so I contacted them and they verified that there is a problem.

However, they cannot fix it until I get certain verifications from Leenie.  I don't know if she has her laptop with her or not but I'll try and contact her to get the info I need to get the board back up and running.

In the meantime, just be patient.   Spend your time making a cool get-well card. :)

Will keep you informed when I hear anything else.

Offline LinTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 09:21:10 pm »
Thanks MaryLou.. I don't have her phone number and she doesn't seem to be getting e mails.. so can't ask her lol you were only one that  I thought maybe could help lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 10:23:01 pm »
I have her phone number but hesitate to call.  I did send her an email to ask what she wants me to do.  Will keep checking.  Going to add this post to my other one.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 11:17:46 pm »
thinking of her and hope she mends well//love

Offline LinTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 06:02:53 am »
Thank you so very much MaryLou

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:52:27 am »
I just realized that it won't help to call her. If she is in the hospital, she probably can't answer.  I did send her the email so when she is able, I know she will read it and will either call them to okay a fix or she will have me do it.  We just have to be patient for a while.  I wish I could send an email to her mentees but I'd have to get in to do that. I think I'm still an admin there, but not sure. 

Consider this a short vacation and practice your skills.  Will keep you all informed.  :praise53:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 01:35:12 pm »
I talked to Leenie via phone today. She is still in the hospital and will be there several more days.  She is doing just fine otherwise. 

She has given me the necessary information to access her board on the server so I'll see what I can do to get things back up today.   I know you're all anxious to be able to log in again.  Will try and make that happen. :cancan:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »
I got it back up!!   The board is open for business!!  :cancan: :cancan: :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

Sharon

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 02:50:04 pm »
:brav01: :brav01: :brav01: :YeeHaw: :praise62: :praise22: :praise53: :wtg: :praise45: :praise73: :brav01: :brav01: :brav01:
:yay: :look: :yay:

:animal04: :animal05: :bliss: :busybee: :elephant2: :cheer3: :clapping2: :tada: :chickdance: :chili: :stardance:

YOU ROCK, MARY LOU :thanks02:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 03:01:20 pm »
You are most welcome!!  I think there might be another problem, the mentors page.  I got an error when trying to access that and will look into it later.  Right now, I've got a few things where I need to catch up. 

Was so glad that I could help!!!   That's what friends are for! :praise53:

Sharon

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 03:18:22 pm »
Mary Lou, the Mentors page seems to be working OK ▬ BUT none of the Project Level One / Two / Three pages will load.

Thanks again for all your help!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 05:30:30 pm »
Sharon, I contacted  aPlus again and the person I talked to was not able to fix it.  Apparently, the database needs to be re-attached but that's above his level.  So, he created a ticket to be submitted to a higher-up tech. 

Not sure how long it will take to fix. Sometimes a day - sometimes longer.  So, for now, you guys will just have to be patient.  If it's still down in a day or two, I'll contact them again.

Is there an admin that can pin the post that has the info in it?  And, what are the little blue circles with a star in them for?

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)