Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Another update today for AD  (Read 358 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

Another update today for AD
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:55:48 am »
On my second re-opening of AD this morning I got an update notice for v.1.6.4.104
I had just  done the other one on 3/1/18. I just finished d/ling and installing but have not had time to actually see what was changed this time.  Wow, this one must have been to fix some glitch since it was so quick behind the other one.  Anyone notice anything different yet?

Offline MaryLou

Re: Another update today for AD
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »
The same with Affinity Photo - just istalled a new version and now today, it's another one!!  Must have had some bad things in the last one!  I don't think we'll really see any differences, I think these updates are mostly bug fixes.

Offline Paul N

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 01:31:58 pm »
I got the notice too. Based on what I've read here, I may wait and see. I'm using 1.6.2.97 and loving it. I'd hate to jinx myself. I'm looking forward to others comments.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:15:21 pm »
When they put out new updates within 2 days, that's usually a pretty good indication that there was a problem with the first one. I always get the latest one.  Have them downloaded but not installed.  Will do that before I go to bed.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 03:49:43 am »
One thing I noticed, they load faster!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 04:10:34 am »
I think you are right Grethe.  I have not had any real opening problems with the last one or two....that said however I do think AD opens faster with this one.  I am more than likely tempting fate also to say that I have not had any freezes or outright crashes when using AD in a good long while now.  Fingers crossed this continues.

Offline Paul N

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 06:26:52 am »
I downloaded the 1.6.4 upgrade, but haven't installed it yet. They posted a change list on their board. Most of the things listed are "fixes", not changes.

It's on their board under the heading news and information.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 06:28:32 am »
Thanks Paul.  Yes, I saw that too.....

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 07:21:26 am »
I don't care what they call it I want it if it makes loading faster

oh... 44 seconds for a first opening....   its better than  the full 2 minutes I can take.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 09:02:13 am »
Well despite earlier comments about update 103 not causing any issues, AD crashed a couple of times last night. So I am pleased to see that there is now another update to fix that one! lol 

Incidentally after updating to 103, AD took almost two minutes to load, the longest in my experience. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to load after the 104 update.

List of Fixes:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/56249-affinity-designer-for-windows-164/

Offline Eddie

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 11:30:16 am »
Hello all, this update has solved my problem of designer and photo crashing when trying to run from start which happened on the last update. I had to revert to earlier editions to be able to use them. I think it had to do with people using different types of tablet. Have now downloaded latest update for photo and everything works fine. Will try designer in a while.

Offline Paul N

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 02:45:55 pm »
Ok - I installed it. Just like a kid with with a new toy, can't resist ripping into it.

Offline Lin

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 02:47:39 pm »
yeah I got the notice now, but haven't downloaded it yet.. probably will next time I open AD it usually stays open for several days lol

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)