Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC  (Read 363 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Re: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 12:28:12 pm »
Camilla is not fit to become Queen and Charles is not fit to become King in my opinion. Brits have very long memories and though sympathetic, forgive and forget, what this couple did. ie. "Camilla gate" and all that tawdry smutty business that went on between the pair which was highly embarrassing, was inexcusable and is a difficult one for the British public to sweep aside.   As a result of that neither are very popular here.

Charles is very clever at getting his own way and he may not care that he loses even more popularity by making Camilla Queen. 

As for Kate's 100K dress...wow she was ripped off big time.  I could have sewn one up for her for less than a fiver!  :lol05:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 06:08:30 pm »
I think the British royalty is just like everyone else except they always have someone watching for every little thing.  They don't make policy or anything like that, they don't rule, they are just descendants from a long line that did at one time rule over everything.

I was totally shocked when Diana came over here and did several interviews on American TV and aired her dirty laundry.  I don't know why she did it, maybe hoping to shame the other royals or to garner sympathy, or what, but it certainly lowered many of the  opinions people had about her.  You don't go around discussing your private affairs and such on public TV.

I"m sure there are many things that go on behind closed doors that we will never know about.  However, we are guided in our way of thinking by the media. They slant their stories to get the most out of them, be it true or a half truth or an assumption. :yes03:

• Staff
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 06:50:36 am »
Well It was Charles that spilled the beans first MaryLou. He gave a live TV interview to a TV presenter which made headlines naturally where he admitted having an affair with Camilla.  Diane wanted to give her side of the story which was only fair.....never a woman scorned. Also why should the little woman keep quiet...can't have that! The Camilla gate scandal,(https://www.newstalk.com/Tampongate-and-six-other-British-royal-family-scandals) which came later, was highly embarrassing for both Charles & Camilla as their private and intimate conversations had been secretly taped. They made headline news and Charles's popularity ratings, which had been high, dropped enormously.  Charles was married to Diana as we know and Camilla was married to Parker Bowles at the time...two families were destroyed!. Princess Di was very popular here and had the public, or most of, was behind her...still does. Hence being labelled the Peoples Princess. I'm very pleased to see that William, a caring and thoroughly decent human being, has his mothers ways more so than his fathers...in my opinion!

Neither Charles nor Diana should have given live TV interviews like they did but I guess they each wanted to tell their story. Charles, who was much older than Di and a being a major Royal should have known better.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 01:50:01 pm »
I think what was really bad was to go to another country and air the laundry in public.   Theirs was a marriage that should never have happened in the first place.  That's the problem with being a royal, the elders try to mold your life for you.  I think a real lady, or man, would never have given so much public access to their private lives.  Everyone liked Diana because she was pretty.  Had she been plain and a bit on the ugly side, the people would have said ugly things about her from the get-go. That's just how people are.  If you're pretty, you are so admired, even if you do wrong.  If you're homely, it's hard to get the time of day. 

My fixation is on the Queen.  I will always remember her coronation and how sorry I felt for her having to wear all those heavy gowns plus the crown for such a long time. She never wavered.  If you're a really poor child, something like that is like watching a fairy  tale come to life.  I don't have any real interest in the rest of the bunch. Don't know why.

• Staff
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 12:08:02 pm »
I absolutely agree. My respect is for the Queen. Also Prince Phillip as he has been a staunch advocate of the Queen and stood beside her no matter what. They adore each other as much today as they did when they met. I think that is plain to see.

Sadly that is the case...life can be much kinder to those who are pretty than those or are less so.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 12:46:44 pm »
nope no no no prince phileeeeep is a dirty old senile  pervert  who isnt nice to young woman at all ...he is a down right nasty little cretin...
i know my daughter met him . one nasty piece of work.
he has been an embarrassment to this nation for decades ,
and the queen
what is up with you...
she has never wanted for anything
MaryLou as far as cameras been anywhere  and everywhere its just not true.

what is she doing right now ... this minute ....if she lived in a fishbowl we would know...
i would like to dip her head in a fishbowl.... :yes03:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 01:27:52 pm »
i would like to dip her head in a fishbowl.... :yes03:

Teejay, you made me laugh so hard that I spurted a mouth full of tea all over my monitor!!

She has a little privacy inside the castle but she can't run out to Walmart to buy something like we can. She can't trot to the local MacDonalds and grab a bite like we can. She is watched every moment when she is outside of the castle doors. I would HATE that!  Ordinary people have far more freedoms than royals and other heads of state.  Our President can't even fart without someone smelling it.  We have an extremely beautiful first lady and people complain about the cost of her clothing.  That irritates me because the public isn't paying for it.  If she can afford $51,000 for a jacket, it's not the business of anyone else. It's her money.

I'll settle for being just plain old me although I still would love to meet HRH!  :praise53: :praise53: :praise53:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2018, 02:19:18 pm »
but if she wants something from Walmart or a big mac she send one of her many slaves  to get it..

now dont tell me youlike going to walmart .... wouldnt you like to send someone to get your groceries
she has a tailor come to fit and make her clobber ..hat maker horse dresser  manicurist podiatrist doctor vet
have you seen how BIG the castle is ..do you know how much property the stingy old bag owns...
have you seen the acheridge the castle has ..in the very center of london where people find it hard to get a place to live...

that one castle is as big as a manky continent...

nope she hasnt got it easy... she has it bl*ddy made. :yes03:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2018, 11:04:37 pm »
But... if she were to go out to Walmart, she would be mobbed with people. Same if she went out for a hamburger. She has to send someone out to get what she wants.  People of her stature don't have the freedoms that we do.

I do go to Walmart now and then but I much prefer to just order what I want on line and have it delivered.  Maybe I'm really a Queen and don't know it!  It's rare that I actually go to a store to buy anything!  OMG... maybe I'm a royal and my mother forgot to tell me!   :look: :look: :look: :look:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2018, 11:58:47 pm »
holy cow....

• Staff
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 07:41:55 am »
Yes, the Queen is mega rich but it doesn't bring her much freedom. I see her as a victim locked in her own tower in many ways. Ok she doesn't need anything in life but she has suffered loss of close family members as many of us have. An abundance of servants at her call but private conversations can be overheard and possibly sold...she has to watch every little thing she does and trust nobody. 

I wouldn't want all that money and not be able to live freely. Give me freedom any day of the work. I couldn't survive having my every step watched.....definitly not.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 08:09:23 am »
I could do her job and would at a drop of a hat...
I would disown the leeches for a start and  I wouldn't give a toss who heard what I talked about .
I would have a wardrobe full of chocolates and a padlock..
so when i have parties none of the thieving presidents get their mits on it .
yep i could shake hands and wave...i can wave better than her royal smirkiness..look see...i wave much better

yep in a flash i would trade

i dont think queenie would like my life she may have her freedom but she would have to travel by public transport
and shop for groceries every week she would have the washing of pots and answering her own front door
i dont think she would last long and i think she would miss the lime light.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 07:55:53 pm »
 Those are all things that she couldn't do even if she wanted to!  Her life has to be so boring!!  I wonder if she has a computer and a Facebook page?  Or, does she twitter?

I know one thing I can do that she can't - I can run around my home (inside) totally naked while devouring a chocolate bar!!  Sure glad I don't have to worry about hidden cameras!!!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 11:46:15 pm »
when you are that rich  you can do most anything ..she gets her privacy.
no she cant open her front door or chat to a neibor or walk her dog to the local park...

but ... i believe she wouldnt want to . she would not want our freedom   ..she likes her own...to jet of (in her own plane) to destinations
to be able to go anywhere in the world
to have anything  and all you need
to never worry about your pension lasting the month...or answering a crank call or worry aboout a stranger at the door.
to feel you will be remembered long after you are gone...

yes it is a different life but one of such privilege it staggers me in this day and age
if you asked her if she misses her freedom i think she wouldnt know what you mean.
she is far free-er than i am but in a different way
the old bat  :hal13: ...she has it good and rubs our noses in it.

there is such poverty in this country and such wealth its obscene.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2018, 01:35:35 pm »
Believe me, I prefer being me, just as I am.  I can go where I want (if I have the money). say what I want without someone pushing a microphone in my face, etc.   However, HRH was trained to do her duties from the moment she was born and really doesn't know any other kind of life.  You can see it but living it is another thing.   She is devoted to her duties as Queen.

When it comes to  poverty, that's just about everywhere.  Right here in Sacramento, the capitol of the state, we have many homeless who lived in boxes under bridges and have their entire world in a shopping cart that they move from place to place.  They cannot get public assistance because they do not have an address so the law just keeps making them move to another bridge or a park or wherever they can go.   What makes this so shameless is, we have military barracks where the soldiers lived when stationed in San Francisco.  That could house so many homeless but legalities keep that from happening because that belongs to the federal government and not California.  It's a shame that in a country like this, we have people that are hungry.

The problem with California trying to solve our homeless problem is, if they did come up using something like the military barracks for housing, California would become overrun with homeless because those in other states would come here for the benefits.  It is a mess and no one seems to be able to fix it.   It's a vicious cycle.  We have an abundance of jobs here, but in order to get a job, you need an address.  On the other hand, mention "work" and everyone disappears!

Sure glad I don't have to find the answers!!!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)