Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC  (Read 47 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
The Queen and Sir David - SherylC
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:03:06 pm »
Closing down for the night now as the documentary of the Queen and Sir David Attenborough's Canopy walk around the Queen's garden will be starting on tv shortly.

Apparently it is full of good humour and probably the Queen at her best. Would recommend watching it if you can.

Offline Teejay

Re: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:04:20 pm »
don't get me started again on that old battleaxe  :laugh1:

• Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:36:01 am »
 :laugh1:  I was thinking of you when I posted the message thinking I know Teejay won't be watching! lol

It was interesting but didn't quite grab me in the way I expected it to.  :lol05:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:05:28 pm »
I'll keep watch to see if it happens to play over here.  I'm sure I would like it.  Maybe I can get Teejay to translate for me!   :laugh1: :laugh1:

• Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:45:34 pm »
I think you would like it MaryLou.  It's quite funny in parts. Both parties have a great sense of humour. Not sure what Teejay's translation would be!  :lol05:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 05:16:35 pm »
I know you guys probably think I'm just kidding but honest, I'm not.  I have a very difficult time understanding people who have a different accent. I suspect it may be because I'm a bit hard of hearing to start with and when words are not said the way my ears expect to hear them, they don't translate.

I love some of the English movies but I struggle with trying to figure out what's going on.  Some, I just give up on and others, I can tell by the acting what's happening.

Many years ago, I had a pen pal (prior to computers) and she lived in London.  I always had trouble trying to interpret her letters.  She wrote in her accent. Instead of writing "he", she would write "eh".    Then, of course, there were the strange words, loo, trolly tram, and a few more. Actually it was fun because she didn't understand me either so we sent a lot of pictures back and forth!

I will watch for the show to come on BBC - would love to see it.   :yay:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 11:55:49 pm »
never fear teejay is here ....lol

I will translate what the old trout is saying... if you need it  ML .
you wouldn't understand  her royal haughtiness because of all her jewels she carries around in her jowls.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)