Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC  (Read 617 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Re: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 11:40:48 am »
Same here. I am quite happy being me...I can do exactly as I please and that's how I like it! lol I admire the Queen conforming to her duties but it's not for me! lol

The homeless situation is getting dire here. Shocking actually. I used to buy Hot Pasties and Tea for homeless people but there are so many in town nowadays that I have stopped...I would hate to miss one person out and it's impossible to buy for all. I don't give money as that will be spent on alcohol, drugs and I don't give anything that they could sell for drugs, that kind of thing.  Need to find an alternative way of helping in some incy wincy way. 

So much greed in the world...there's the haves and the have nots!. I would hate to be one of the have nots and what I mean by that is someone without family, friends or anyone to care about me. :(

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 12:37:05 pm »
I just found out that the royals don't have a last name on their birth certificates!  Queen Elizabeth was born on April 21, 1926. Her full name at birth was Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.   She was born of the royal House of Windsor. Therefore, Queen Elizabeth's last name is Windsor but she does not have to use it as identification.  I thought everyone had a last name!! :yay: :yay:

And, why do they call Prince Harry by that name when his birth name is Henry?   Sort of like John Kennedy, he was called Jack.

What do the Brits think of Prince Harry marrying a commoner and an American?  There is a movie coming on TV about him and Megan.  Not sure when but I'll probably watch it.

It must be nice to have enough money to go wherever in the world you want to go, buy whatever appeals to you, and have everyone on the planet recognize you!  Well.. maybe not the last part! :yay: :yes03:

• Staff
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 10:48:21 am »
Well, it wouldn't be the first time an American entered the Royal family. Meghan seems nice enough but she seems overly polished, a performer but I don't know enough about her to really make my mind up yet. I had never heard of Miss Markle until now as I didn't watch Scrubs. Didn't have great reviews here.

I would have preferred Harry's girl to be British but that's not how it works. As long as Meghan is genuine and her and Harry are happy, it doesn't matter.

I just have a small niggle of doubt that Meghan is a good actress and maybe playing the biggest role of her life on the biggest stage and Harry is absolutely bowled over by her...only time will tell if the final curtain falls!.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2018, 07:36:57 pm »
Don't feel bad about not knowing who she was, I didn't either and I've never even heard of the show she was on. The big thing here is, her half-relatives are all calling her names because they didn't get invited to the wedding.  How would the Brits feel if one of their children had dark skin?  That could easily happen because I believe it's her father that is black.  The media here isn't saying much of anything.  I suspect it's because they are afraid of saying something that might sound racist and their ratings would go down. 

I am an American, but somehow, I just don't think it's right that Harry marries someone who is not in the same class as he is.  Megan was a model, I think, which is where she might have gotten some of her facial expressions.  Time will tell!

• Staff
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2018, 12:36:34 pm »
Meghan Markle is very beautiful and yes I think she was a model.  Prince Harry looks like the cat who has got the cream (what man wouldn't). I have a niggle about suitability. Meghan is older than Harry not that makes any difference but I just get the impression she is a tad precocious and has seen it all before. Can't make my mind up about her.  MM does seem to be very confident.  Some of the comments she made during the "engagement" interview was a bit presumptuous. Brits don't tend to take easily to over-confident presumptuous people but she is quite popular here...her good looks has something to do that most likely! lol Personally I would have preferred Harry following tradition by marrying a Brit (not many traditions left) but I guess the young Royals want to shake off that stuffy image that their elders have and bring change.  Wonder what the Queen really thinks! lol

Offline Teejay

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 12:44:06 pm »
None of the royals are british...they are greek german Russian...in fact ...the whole lot of them are gypsies 

as to who they marry....who give a frogging fruit... I have more interest in what's up  a dung beetles bottom ...lol

• Staff
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:46 pm »
Teejay, I am doubled up with laughter here.  I had a Gypsy knock my door the other day looking for work. He resembled Prince Charles slightly!  :YeeHaw:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »
see they are breeding all over the place
what more proof do you need .... I say enough is enough ....
lol lets get our pitchforks out and have a burning...

• Staff
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2018, 09:33:06 am »
Tehehehe!  I take it you won't be watching the wedding then!  :laugh1:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2018, 11:45:08 am »
what wedding

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2018, 07:38:18 pm »
We have two different movies coming on this month.  One is all about Meghan Markle and the other is about Meghan and Harry.  I think I'll probably pass. The characters that are playing them in the second one look very much like them though.  I don't like these kinds of movies because they are never the real truth. They throw in other things to try and make them interesting. 

• Staff
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2018, 05:53:39 am »
I agree MaryLou. They will only show what they want people to see. What they don't know, they'll make up. Not sure I get the point of that really.

we're going out for the day as it's Chris's birthday same day as the wedding. Not sure how much of it we will see.  One sure thing is the big event will be replayed to death on the TV for a few months afterwards, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to catch up then.    :yes03:

Same for you Teejay if you regret not watching it live!  :lol05: :laugh1:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2018, 08:30:56 pm »
I most likely won't watch it.  I just don't have that much interest in it.  I suppose I should since she is an American but in reality, she's just another female that I don't know, and I didn't get an invitation.   :look:  On the other hand, I may have to watch just to see the crazy hats that some of the ladies will wear!! :laugh1:

• Staff
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2018, 12:09:58 pm »
Oh my goodness, the TV hasn't stopped reporting all the developments regarding the wedding. There's talk over the professional photos Meghan's father had taken and whether or not he was paid. Since this report, he has decided (or been persuaded more than likely) not to attend the wedding for fear of embarrassing the Queen.  I feel for Meghan Markle not having her father walk her down the aisle.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2018, 11:02:16 pm »
It's the same here - but now, her dad isn't going because of his recent heart attack and Prince Charles will walk Megan down the aisle.  She will walk partly down the way by herself, then Charles will join her the rest of the way.  The TV gossipers here are going wild over this. 

I would HATE living in a fish bowl.  They can't even pass gas without it being in the news!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)