Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: PhotiImpact & Win 10  (Read 85 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

PhotiImpact & Win 10
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:25:58 pm »
Has anyone installed the new Win 10 v1803?  If so, do you have PhotoImpact installed on your computer?  If you answered yes to both of the questions, have you tried running PhotoImpact?  If so, did you have any problems?

It is refusing to run on my laptop now that I've updated it.  I hope this isn't going to ge the norm!!

Offline Linda2

Re: PhotiImpact & Win 10
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:51:09 pm »
I have the update but not PI so I can't help you I'm afraid MaryLou. Sorry.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:59 pm »
Thanks, Linda.  I just now got my system working again.  However, there  are no programs installed.  It did a fresh install of Win 10 and copied all my files and put them into a Win-Old folder.  So, none of my data was lost but I do have to re-install all of my software.  That's going to be fun!!

On the other hand, this is a good opportunity to install only what I actually use - is like having a brand new system.  All the password stuff is driving me crazy!!

When I start installing, I'll start with PhotoImpact and see what happens.  I'm so glad I have the laptop all set up because it will serve as a model for setting the desltop up again.

Will let you guys know the results.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:19:08 am »
good grief  ....  hope all goes well.

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 12:40:43 pm »
You have a big job ahead of you just hope everything works for you.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 04:39:15 pm »
Making progress!!  Got Firefox installed - now I have contact with the world.  Tried to install PI but it wants my registration code!  That was in the emails that I lost.  So, I am trying a "repair" for  PI on the laptop to see if that will let me run the program.  If so, I think I can get the product code from there.

I have my Incredimail set up but it can't send anything, only receive. About the only thing I got lucky on is FireFox. It stores ALL of your bookmarks/favorites so when you log in for the first time, it restores all of them.  All I really need to worry about now is getting PagePlus going again and Web Plus because those I need for creating our newsletter and updating web pages. 

Maybe this is a good time to clean house! :)  I have hundreds of music files that I never listen to.. and other things such as that.   I would rather play but... first things first!!  :cancan:

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 05:14:38 pm »
Hello MaryLou,, I have all wins 10 up dates and all and have Photoimpact x3 version on , all runs good no problems

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 04:30:09 pm »
Thanks, Bill.  I tried to re-install it on my laptop but it refuses to do so.  However, I popped the DVD into the desktop and finally, it installed and it is now running.  Maybe I need to clean up my laptop and try again.  On the other hand, maybe not.  I am going to try and stop using PI because I know it's only a matter of time before I will have to give it up anyway.  In the meantime, I'm going to start exporting everything from my  EP so I still have my graphics.

It's nice to have a fresh clean computer but what pain it is to re-install everything!!  Seems no matter what program it is, there's an update so you have to sit and wait through that too.  I'll be done by tomorrow.... then I can play again!! :cancan: :cancan:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 04:36:10 am »
No problems here with latest W10 and PI 12. But as you say soon or later it will stop working. I don't use it much at all, most for find shapes and such...

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:04:21 pm »
I am thinking now that having to start over was not a bad idea.  I am amazed at how much old stuff I had on my hard drive!  Fortunately, I did back up all my files 2 months ago so I really didn't lose a lot.  I hated losing my AD Assets though.

Everything seems to be running fine at the moment.    Should have it all done by tomorrow.  The cleanup process was well worth the time.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)