Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC  (Read 358 times)

Offline Teejay

Re: The Queen and Sir David - SherylC
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 12:43:06 am »
yes but you are forgetting their farts smell of roses and you have to pay to pong them...

I have more important things to do than watch them... I will be in the garden looking for a bent stick .

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 11:34:34 am »
I've been busy clearing out the kitchen this afternoon ready for the contractors to get to work on it from Monday. It'[s going to be like camping around her for the next two weeks..no cooking facilities apart from the microwave.

I did watch parts of the wedding. Meghan looked absolutely stunning. Her dress was simple and elegant. Harry looked lovely too. They make a lovely couple and I think my mind is made up regarding how genuine Meghan is....think she absolutely adores Harry and he adores her. I wish them all the best for the future.

Doria, Meghan's mother was very composed, reserved and elegant. It's about time there was a mix up in the Royal family, I think it brings them up to date and shows the world there is absolutely no place for racism.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 06:17:22 pm »
I stayed up until 5:30 am watching the event.  2.5 miles of a sea of people waiting for the car to go by. That was incredible!!  I loved her dress - very simple lines (and very expensive!).  I did not like the train, it was much too long and seemed to be a bother.

Mehgan's mother is very pretty, especially for a lady  61 years old.  I bet she was stunning when she was young. She was very quiet and sort of on the sidelines.  Actually, all of the Brits were very straight-faced and non-smiling while the commoners on the sidelines were all in such happy spirits.  Big contrast! 

The hats were another story!  I don't know how they managed to keep them on their heads.  Some looked like spaceships getting ready for a landing while others looked like a rocket getting ready to take off.  I did like Camilla's hat - it was so fluffy looking.  HRH looked like she always does but I didn't like the green color she wore.  It looked pretty when she was outside but inside, the cameras turned it a pea green.  Ugg.

Don't want to overlook the men either!  They looked so spiffy in their suits with vests, and topcoats.  Seems most of the ties were blue!  There were a few older gents that wore tophats.  They looked so elegant!!

The best part was the ending when the happy couple were in the carriage surrounded by those beautiful white horses with riders dressed in red uniforms and all the finery that goes with it. 

I enjoyed it very much. We don't have anything with that kind of pageantry in this country so it's always a treat to see it on TV. Was worth losing sleep over.    The repeats have been on TV all day today.  By Monday, it will all be forgotten.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)