Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Affinity Designer for the iPad  (Read 26 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Affinity Designer for the iPad
« on: July 17, 2018, 01:43:06 pm »
It's not only Affinity Publisher development that has been keeping the Affinity programmers busy, but also Affinity Designer for the iPad, which has just been released. Here is a video which does a good job of introducing this new Mac app:

Link to Video

Offline MaryLou

Re: Affinity Designer for the iPad
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 02:51:20 pm »
I'll pass on this one since I don't have an iPad and never will have one.   :laugh1:

I was aware that this was in development because I was invited to take part in the beta but...  no iPad!  I've never seen a real iPad but I guess they're very popular!  I can't imagine doing graphics on a little screen though. :yes03:

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:13:32 pm »
I don't have any interest in getting an iPad either, MaryLou, but I found it very interesting to see how working in Affinity Designer would be using your fingers instead of a mouse!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »
I could never get used to that, Lynn.  I'm far too mouse oriented and this old dog is too old to change.  My laptop has a pad where you just use your finger but I get so frustrated with it so I go back to my mouse.  It also has a touch screen, as does my desktop computer but my arm gets too tired holding it up to draw with my finger.  I'd rather lay my hand on the mouse and just relax.
I am using the  on screen keyboard to type this directly on the screen. Very awkward.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 03:36:17 pm »
I am very happy using just my mouse and my Wacom pen tablet. I hope that they don't force us to go to touch and gestures at some point.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:00:30 am »
i have an Asus notebook  the keyboard detaches so you end up with a big tablet
it is touch and has a pen..
i play with AD with the pen directly onto the document and i have to tell you it is awesome i mean REALLY good
the draw back is when i want a right click or some menu options dont work so well with the pen,  then it gets too frustrating but i keep having a play its magic when it works.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)