Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Back from holiday - SherylC  (Read 122 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Back from holiday - SherylC
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:41:04 am »
Hi all! Iím back from my 3.1/2 week Canadian
Holiday. Had a wonderful time visiting Novia Scotia, Prince Edward Island, re New Brunswick (Bay of Fundy & St. John)
Quebec City, Ottawa & Toronto. So good to spend time with my brother. Feels like iíve been away months!
Good to be back and now have lots of catching up to do.

Offline Teejay

Re: Back from holiday - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:26:55 am »
 :praise53:...welcome home.

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 01:09:36 pm »
Welcome back Sheryl glad you had a good time and you caught up with your brother.  But it is always nice to get home.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 01:24:55 pm »
Welcome back, Sheryl!!!
I know you had a great time because I followed all those photos you posted on Facebook!  I hope you didn't put on too many pounds!  Almost all your pics show you guys eating!!!   Glad you had a good trip.  That's what counts.  On the other hand, it's always oh so good to be back home!!! :yay: :yay:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

• Staff
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 12:00:10 pm »
Thanks Teejay, San and MaryLou. We had a fantastic time. Best part was the final week in Toronto staying with my brother.

Food is good in Canada. Fortunately I ate lots of Cobb Salads (never heard of them before) and did lots of walking which helped avoid putting too much weight back on...gained 2lbs over the 3 weeks away...very pleased about that.  Back on track now though! lol

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:57 pm »
You do not have Cobb Salads in Wales?  Interesting!  I have at least one per week.  However, I suspect those in Canada  may differ in the ones in the states.  Glad you had a good experience throughout!  :wtg:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 05:49:36 am »
Welcome back, Shez! Like ML I followed your trip in Facebook. Looked like you had a wonderful time over there.  :praise53:

• Staff
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:38 am »
No, I had never heard of a Cobb Salad before this trip MaryLou. I don't recall seeing them on menus when I was there 20 years ago, nor when I lived there 46 years ago. Nothing special really just a basic salad with Bacon, Chicken & Blue Cheese added but it is very nice. I am a sucker for Blue Cheese! lol

Thanks Grethe. Had a fabulous time.   

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 07:36:56 pm »
OHh...there's a lot more to a Cobb salad than that.  They usually have few different kinds of lettuce, cheese and meats such ham, plus hard boiled eggs and  avocado and tomatoes.

It was a long time before I would eat one because of the avocado.  I had never seen an avocado prior to moving to California and there was no way I was going to eat that green stuff!  I would pick it out of a salad and give it to Ray.  A few times, I missed a piece and ate it.  One day, the taste came through and wow!  I found out what I was missing!  Now, I love to slice the avocado up and eat it just as it is.  :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

• Staff
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 10:27:40 am »
Yes, the lettuce, hard boiled eggs, meat (usually Ham) are staples but adding some Blue Cheese. Bacon and Avocado makes a salad a bit more exciting.  I didn't care much for Avocados when I first tried them but I like them halved with a salad and will start buying them from now on.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 11:29:36 am »
I always use avocado in my salads, several times a week. A good olive oil, a touch vinegar, a little salt and basil together with lettuce, fried small tomatoes...yummy!  :yay:

• Staff
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 07:35:30 am »
I use Balsamic Vinegar Grethe. Sometimes I make a little tin foil parcel of chopped Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Salt, Pepper & Basil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes...Ö.gorgeous. Sometimes I had some chopped Onion too.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)