Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: i have a wasps nest in my loft  (Read 139 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

i have a wasps nest in my loft
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:39:13 am »
i love bees i can handle them without gloves and have no fear of them...wasps i hate and kill on sight

it looks like it may be a big wasp nest too the amount of to-ing and fro-ing the little nasties are doing
i live in a bungalow so the roof/loft is directly over every room...there is a bathroom under the hive and we keep getting half dead wasps on the bathroom floor ..i hate going in there now i refuse to shower in case one falls on me..lol i know i am such a baby but i HATE them

am calling the rat man first thing tomorrow...our council is supposed to deal with this stuff so if i am not around its because i am de-wasping.

Offline Linda2

Re: i have a wasps nest in my loft
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 12:15:05 pm »
Oh man....I do hope you can get this problem resolved quickly.  Those things are lethal for sure!  Some years ago my husband opened a shed door on our property that hadn't been used in some time and they flew out at him.  He was younger then and outran most of them but had enough bites that we took him to the ER for treatment. Now he would not be so lucky.  Hope you don't have to stay away long .if at all.  It's not the same without you. :yes03:

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 02:01:05 pm »
We had them in a garden house and had to get help to get them out. Took a day or so, then they were dead! Period!
Good luck, Teejay!

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 02:04:44 pm »
Hope you get rid of them soon I hate wasps also they are nasty little things.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 03:31:20 pm »
Good luck with your dewasping!  They can be so mean!!!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 05:53:45 pm »
OH my gosh!  I have never had a "wasp" experience in my life!  Not sure that I've actually ever seen one!  I've seen them in movies and they are such vicious little critters!  I wouldn't want to encounter one.  I hope you get rid of them soon!!!   Maybe leave some chocolate around and make friends with them, then when they're not looking... BAM!  Hit 'em with a fly swatter!

I feel badly for you having to put up with these little buggers!!

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 12:39:20 pm »
I dislike Wasps too Teejay. Gllad you're getting them removed...nasty little critters. I had a nest at the top of a very tall tree which was next to my rotary line. It was a battle trying to hang washing out without getting stung. 

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 02:46:48 am »
update

i have been playing holy hell with our council

the reason why the nasties nested in the loft in the first place was because work was carried out by the council updating the heating system and they install an extractor in the roof...they cut a roof tile  to fit the extractor ...the cut they made in the roof tile was too big and  left   a gaping hole...
i may as well have put a 'to let' sign on it for birds bats and wasps and any  homeless critter that wanted to squat. :cheergirl:

it is costing me 60  to get rid of the wasps then i need the hole blocking ..and i have left lots (and i mean lots ) of messages to ring me back  and to come see the roof for my rent officer who deals with all things related to my home.... she hasnt got back
 :thud:

i have just about run out of patience..  lol am ready to throttle someone.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 08:15:15 am »
Contact a lawyer! This is someone else to blame!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:48:56 pm »
Is there some kind of a pest control agency where you can report this?  It's unhealthy to have those critters in your loft!  They need to be removed as soon as possible.  You may have to visit them in person and raise your voice to get some action.  Good luck!!! :praise53:

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:07 pm »
i arrived at our council office  and had a massive tantrum....got someone to come out tomorrow morning to exterminate the hive and wasps.
i am supposedly getting a roofer tomorrow afternoon to replace the cut tile and to fit it properly ...
i think they promised this to get me out of their office . So we shall see .

i am shattered .. fingers crossed this all works out  tomorrow.  night all. x

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 01:01:47 am »
Disgusting on the Council's part Teejay. Sometimes a tantrum is what it takes to get asses moving. Glad it worked. I would send them a bill for the removal of the Wasps and the repair bill too. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 12:39:33 pm »
I've always found that if you make a little noise, they will do anything to keep you from creating a scene.  Not familiar with all that Council stuff, we don't have that here, but am glad something is working for you!!  Those wasps are nasty little things!!! :praise53:

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 12:49:42 am »
mass murder was committed in my loft yesterday  :cheer3: ...the man squirted a heap load of white silvery powder in the hole the wasps  go in and out of and good god ... i must have had the whole nations wasp population ...they came out in mass and died all over the place but they were P*I*S*S*E*D AND MENTAL... They were stinging each other
My new friend Carl the 'mite man' (the pest controller) warned me to get inside and he went into his car
they sort of swarmed and half died the others went back into the loft and never came out ...he said his job was done and off he went.
i rang my rent office to see who was going to clean up all the bodies in the loft they said they leave them to rot to nothing. EEEEYUK...
i have stuff up there packed but i never use any off it cos its in the loft and i cant be bothered getting it...lol so i will dump the lot of it once i get brave enough to go up...
Now i am waiting on a roofer to fix the whole he said he would be here in the next 48 hours  thats today...
hope its all over soon.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 10:57:34 am »
Glad you got them done in Teejay. I don't blame you not wanting to go in the attic and deal with all those horrible bodies...yuk. Not sure I would leave them rot though...double yuk!. Maybe hoover them up and get rid of the bag that is if and when you get the stomach to do it.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)