Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: i have a wasps nest in my loft  (Read 138 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re: i have a wasps nest in my loft
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 07:10:38 pm »
I fully agree with Sheryl.  Make hubby take the hoover up there and vacuum up all those dead bodies.  They have to leave a putrid odor as they rot away.  I would hate the thought of them up there rotting while I was sitting down to dinner or something.  :laugh1:

Glad you got them gone though.  Hopefully, they didn't infiltrate any of the stuff you have stored.  :smiley01:

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 12:58:54 am »
lucy my daughter said she will send her boyfriend in the loft to clean up ..and he agreed to do it too which is great.
but fixing the gap in the roofing tile is getting to be a pain
The council (my Landlord) says the ''small gap in the single roof tile will be fixed before the 17th of august''

i have had enough so i have got a local MP onto it.

from being an emergency to ..we cant be bothered to fix it ...was making my blood boil.

i have been up on the roof and have jammed into the hole an old jumper a scarf  and some large wood chippings ..its packed in tight

so at least i dont have to worry about another round of wasps bats or mice ... what a carry on.... (we have a bats in the area and they are protected )

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 01:02:50 am »
i have to apologise too
i havent been in pirc much while this has been going on..
it has taken up a lot of time and energy ...but now its nearly over i should be back to my annoying self ...

sorry about this interlude normal service will resume ...as of now ..lol 

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 12:05:50 pm »
Lucy's boyfriend is a good 'un Teejay.  I wonder why the Council say the gap will be fixed by 17th August and immediately..it's ridiculous.  I probably shouldn't say that as an ex-employee of 12 years but they've always been rather stagnant when it comes to these things.   

Hope you MP can get spin them into action sooner rather than later.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 06:36:38 pm »
I was going to suggest that you stuff the hole with steel wool.  Nothing will get through that.  I had a mouse that came in under my kitchen sink.  The hole around the pipe had a gap in it.  I noticed these little turds under the sink and I know it wasn't Daisy poo!  I called Jack (Rae's hubby) and he came right away and stuffed it tight with steel wool.  Haven't seen anything since and that was about 2 years ago.

Unless you're someone from the way high upper class, you always get the poorest of service.  If they're going to make a lot of money from it, they'll be there in a flash. Otherwise, you get shoved to the bottom of the list. That's really a shame too.  In other words, your emergency isn't their emergency so they'll get around to it eventually. :yes03:

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 11:32:00 pm »
My friend is going to pick me some wire wool up today ..that was an excellent idea ML.  The magpies are already trying to tug the jumper out of the hole. Once that is done this mkrning i can relax a bit.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 11:16:53 am »
Good idea MaryLou. Magpies, although beautiful birds, will nick the shirt off your back if they could. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 07:07:11 pm »
Ahhh - so you call it wire wool!  Interesting but I'm sure it is the same thing.  It's not expensive.  Animals won't chew through it so it should help keep birds and anything else from getting in.  Just pack it in good and tight and you should be fine...  problem solved!  It wasn't my idea though, it was Jack's (my son-in-law).  He's a pretty smart guy.   :cheer3:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)