Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Intermittent - SherylC  (Read 133 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Intermittent - SherylC
« on: August 21, 2018, 12:23:13 pm »
Haven't been here very much due to a painful shoulder issue, Impingement of Tendon in Collar/Cuff. I find sitting at the pc causes the most pain which is unfortunate given that it is my favourite pastime! lol.  X Ray due next week to rule out (or in) Arthritis or other bone problem.  Will be in and out until the pain eases.

Offline San

Re: Intermittent - SherylC
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 01:35:33 pm »
Sorry to hear that you are in pain hope the Xrays tell you what is wrong.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:06:47 pm »
Sorry to hear that!  I hope they find the cause and that there is something they can do for you!  Hang in there!!

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 12:18:32 am »
hope your x=ray is alright..
love

Offline Grethe

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 04:41:25 am »
Hope you feel better soon, Shez!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 05:36:00 pm »
Hope it's not arthritis - I have that in my left shoulder and lower back.  Lots of pain go with that.  Hope it's nothing major for you. :praise53:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo . . .

• Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 12:28:50 pm »
Thanks all. :)  I had the X Ray today and should get the results within a few days. Next step is Physio and if this doesn't correct the issue then it may mean surgery. Two friends have had similar issues and ended up having to have surgery to correct it. 

MaryLou, Arthritis is very painful. I have it in my foot (tarsometatarsal, first joint).  I will be having my 2nd steroid injection into the joint next week. Not looking forward to the injection though as it's excruciatingly painful but it does help to ease the pain. Apparently only 4 steroid injections can be given, so I only have two more left after this one and then that will be it.

• Staff
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 12:21:54 pm »
X Ray results are normal thank goodness. At least I know that the pain isn't caused by arthritis or other bone problem. Just waiting for Physio now by the NH list is long. I may go private.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 06:55:24 pm »
Glad to hear  your xrays yielded good results!!  When it comes to the arthritis, I think I'd rather have the pain than the injection.  I use a lotion called Aspercreme with Lidocane in it if the pain gets bad during the day and I take a Hydrocodone pill at night so I can sleep. That combination works well for me.  The Hydrocodone helps other things as well - no more restless leg syndrome. 

Hope your physio all goes well. :praise53:

Offline Majse

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 11:53:48 pm »
I hope it will get better soon, SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 11:45:20 am »
Thanks MaryLou and Majse.  The night-time is particularly bad as I can't lay on my left shoulder, hence poor sleep.

MaryLou, glad you find the Creams helpful. It''s key to find something that works. I too found some helpful particularly Ibuprofen cream but unfortunately since becoming diabetic I have to be careful as some of the ingredients are not suitable for diabetics….bummer!

On another note though I had another Steroid injection into the first joint (Tarsa Metatarsal) of my foot at the hospital a couple of days ago to stop the arthritic pain. Should be pain-free for 4 - 6 months.  This time the Steroid and Anaesthetic were injected by X Ray Guided and it was painless. I was very impressed and didn't even know the Consultant had delivered it...amazing. Unlike the first one which was Ultrasound guided and excruciatingly painful! 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 01:31:17 am »
glad you are getting some relief.

• Staff
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 11:37:15 am »
Thanks Teejay.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 01:55:44 pm »
That's interesting, Sheryl!   It's also my left shoulder that bothers me. as well as my left leg.  The right side of my body seems to be in pretty good shape!  Just hope it stays that way!  :praise53:

• Staff
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 11:26:34 am »
Oh I am pleased to hear your right side is good. Same here. My shoulder pain is driving me crazy to be frank MaryLou. To get my arm into a sleeve or to hold or lift something higher than waist height is very painful.  Even the strong painkillers are not helping. In fact it is getting worse rather than better as today I have found it really difficult to cope with. Something is going to have to give and if it means an Op sobeit. :)

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)