Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Meet Miss Molly!  (Read 342 times)

Offline Teejay

Re: Meet Miss Molly!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 12:09:37 am »
you both are doing the world of good for each other ,,, and tha is fantastic. :yes03:

Offline San

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 01:49:13 pm »
It looks as though you are really enjoying Molly and it has given you a new lease of life and I am sure she is getting spoilt all the time.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 04:33:20 pm »
Well, she has certainly changed my schedule!!  I love the puppy stage but in a way, I hope it passes quickly.  She darts around so FAST and I've almost tripped over her a few times.  On the upside, she definitely makes me laugh!!

She is doing really well on a leash.  I don't have to coax her to walk along now.  We are only out for maybe 5 minutes, but it gets her used to the outside noises.  She really jumped today when she heard someone hammering.  She went right for the porch.  It's good that she knows where to go! 

Love her new little harness.  She thinks it's something to eat though.   :laugh1:

I wonder if she's going to change color a lot.  When I first got her, she was the same color as the front of her legs all over.. a light tan.  Now, she has a wide patch that goes down her back that's almost as dark as the tip of her tail.  I didn't know they would change colors but I guess when you think about it, people do.  My daughter was totally white headed as a baby and now is a brunette.  Am anxious to see what a full-grown Molly will look like.  :yes03:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline San

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 01:31:25 pm »
Oh she is just so cute.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »
She's got the most adorable face....and I love those tiny little paws. 

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 07:36:34 pm »
She is changing color on her body.  The area down the center of her back is turning dark brown but so far, her face has stayed the same.   It doesn't show in the photo, but she has long legs!   Daisy's legs were short and it was hard to keep clothing on her if they had "sleeves".  Molly has no trouble at all.  It's hard to buy little outfits because what one company calls small is way too big and others, it's way to small.  I altered several of her outfits today so they fit her better.  Can't believe how fast she is growing!!

Offline Majse

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 11:25:26 am »
How is miss Molly doing? Still keeping you on your toes LOLL

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 01:23:58 pm »
With Miss Molly around, there is never a quiet moment!  Actually, when it is quiet, I go find out why and it's usually because she's into something.  Right now, she is 3 months old which is equal to 3-1/2 human years and is into everything a typical 3 year old would be.  I no longer keep my toilet paper on the holder because just a few days ago, she did it again - grabbed the end and off she went and pulled the entire roll of paper off!  Then she sat and looked at me and I swear, she was smiling!!

We are working hard on potty training.  The last 3 days have been pretty good... mostly going on the little wee-wee pads. She now weighs a little over 6 pounds and her tan coloring is turning dark. She's definitely good company!!  Everyone should have a Molly in their life! :dancegirl: :dancegirl:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 12:29:33 pm »
OMG..I want one! lol. Adorable MaryLou. So pleased to see that you have a new puppy. Nothing will replace Daisy but I am sure you new little sweetheart will bring you lots of joy nevertheless.

Pet owners don't tend to dress pets this side of the pond but I have to say Miss Molly looks absolutely gorgeous.  :praise04:

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 03:19:52 pm »
Sheryl, Molly is completely opposite of Daisy.

When I come home from shopping, Daisy was always at the door to greet me.  Molly hides under my desk until I walk through to the family room where she can see who it is.

Daisy was a very finicky eater and would not eat dry dog food and only certain treats.  Molly eats anything you give her.

Daisy was extremely food aggressive.  If I set out a container with food in it, she would immediately gobble it down.  Molly grabs a bite from the container, then goes to play.

Daisy did not like strangers, especially men (don't know why).  Molly loves everyone!

The list could go on and on for a full page. They are total opposites. But I love them both!  One reason for dressing a dog is, the moment you put the clothing on them, they totally change their behaviour.  I told my daughter that but she didn't really believe me.  She came over this morning and Molly was going hyper - jumping and running around like a wild cat!  She was so excited.   I grabbed one of her little t-shirts and put it on her.  She immediately jumped down from the chair and went to her spot under my desk. and chewed on a dog bone.  Rae couldn't believe her eyes - but she saw it happen.  I do that when I want to eat my dinner so she isn't begging for my food or wanting me to hold her.  After I finish, I take the shirt off and she's back to "wild Molly" again.

There's never a quiet moment around here...  and she is into everything!!!  :animal05: :animal05: :animal05:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 11:57:53 am »
Oh my word, complete opposites as you say MaryLou. Molly may come around eventually and greet you at the door when you get home. I guess it's early days for her in terms of settling in yet.

I don't think I've ever had a cat that hasn't gobbled down food in one go! I seem to go for the greedy ones! lol.

Actually my cat, Amber although beautiful, is in the dog house after attacking me today scratching my arm in several places.  Not very often this happens but occasionally she tends to do this. Not sure why. Think I will cut out her mid-day treat biscuits "Dreamies" completely.  They are not the healthiest of treats but she absolutely loves them. They are ok to give in moderation say 1/2 dozen but think they may be effecting her behaviour. 

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2018, 04:05:25 pm »
I have to remind myself that Molly is still a baby!  I actually don't remember Daisy as a baby other than for photos.  She had Callie to play with and those two went around and around all the time which meant, I didn't have to get involved.

My daughter's cat terrified me!!  The cat is one of those Rag Dolls - specialty breed. Rae was going somewhere for the weekend (it was a 3-day holiday) and asked if her cat, Bella, could stay at my place. I love cats so I said yes.  The cat didn't know me from Adam so she was being dropped at a strangers home.  She was so angry the entire weekend! Every time I came even close, she would hiss at me and start clawing at the air.  I was actually afraid of her.  She got on my kitchen counter and would not let me go into the kitchen.  I eventually confined her to the guest room where I moved her litter box and made sure she had food and water but I wasn't about to let her out again. I don't think she was so mad at me as she was at being just dropped off.  Rae should have left a piece of clothing that she had worn or something that smells like her.  This was several years ago but even today, if I go to Rae's home, the cat will bristle up and hiss at me.  Never saw a cat like that before. 

Animals are like little people but as I said, I have to keep reminding myself that Molly is still a baby and has not learned the house rules yet! :flowersmile:

Offline Majse

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 11:31:31 pm »
It would be fun if we lived closer - I would love to meet Molly LOLL

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 05:00:36 pm »
Majse, that would be cool!    Would LOVE to visit Denmark but ....   I don't normally go more than 20 miles away from home!

Offline SherylC

• Staff
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 06:35:15 am »
Oh my gosh. My neighbour's cat was like that. I was asked to feed her whilst neighbour was away but couldn't go anywhere near her or she would hiss and screech. Pretty but completely bonkers and I was nervous of her.

Actually I discovered Amber, my cat, tends to lunge at us on times. Only two days ago she lunged at my arm causing two big scratches as I was knitting. I guess she saw the needles as some kind of threat. I am keeping my eye on her and have withdrawn her treats for the time being as I think they (Dreamies) may contain something that is causing her to behave like that.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)