Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Meet Miss Molly!  (Read 357 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Meet Miss Molly!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 07:24:05 pm »
I think we always have to remember they ARE animals as much as we like to think of them as our furry kids.  There's usually a reason why they do those kinds of things and they can't tell us.

In my bedroom, my bed is rather high up from the floor and on the opposite wall at the foot of the bed, is a big dresser with a mirror.  If I sit up in bed, I can see myself in the mirror.  So can Molly but she doesn't recognize it as being me.  She sits at the end of the bed and growls at the mirror.  Just to tease her, I will wave an arm or move my head. If the bed were closer to the dresser, I think she would try and charge at it!! They do such fun and interesting things! :flowersmile: :bluecar:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Majse

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 10:07:47 am »
You are right - they are animals. But I am not good at remembering that. Tomorrow it is 6 years since I said goodbye to my dog. I miss him every day. I think I thought of him like a kind of child. Weird - but I loved that dog so much

And I know - I am not happy to get far away from home today. When I was younger I loved to travel. I still travel but I am so happy to get home I can kiss the floor  :bow:

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 07:13:06 pm »
I think most pet owners think the pets are their children.  look at how the are spoiled!  New toys, good food, a nice place to sleep, and lots of hugs and kisses.  My daughter just loves Molly and calls her "little sister"! 

I think about my Daisy every day and am always making mental comparisons to Molly, even though I try not to.  They are nothing alike in any way other than they have a wet nose, big black eyes and a wet tongue.  I also have to remember that Molly is only a 4.5 month old baby so she has not learned all of the "rules" yet. Daisy was extremely well-behaved and knew exactly what she could/could not do.  Molly has yet to learn those things.  I would have preferred a long hair dog but with my emphysema, the short hair is easier to deal with.

She is learning... and she is so proud of herself when I tell her she is a good girl and she wants to do it again because she knows it means a treat!!   I am hoping the potty training will be over with by the end of the year.  She has learned to pee on the wee-wee pad every time but when it comes to poopie... she still wants to go on the bathroom floor.  That's better than going on the carpet!

I much prefer to stay home these days.  Right now, am pretty much forced to because of the heavy smoke hanging over our valley due to the many fires burning.   I am not in any danger from the fire though - just the smoke. :bluecar:

Offline Hammill

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 04:38:30 am »
You should have put a "cuteness overload" warning in the thread title, MaryLou. Molly is too adorable. haha

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 06:32:55 pm »
Thank you!!!   She is definitely a cuteness overload but she is also into everything!!!  I forgot how they are when they are puppies!!

Offline Majse

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 05:54:37 am »
How is miss Molly doing? Time for new pics please LOLL

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »
She is growing faster than I can take pictures!!  She has doubled in size and weight and in impishness!!   She's only 4.5 months old and has already lost her baby look.  I don't think she will grow much more though.  According to everything I've read, her breed will grow really fast in the first 4 months, then slow down and reach their full adult size around 6 months.

Offline Majse

« Reply #37 on: Today at 02:14:00 am »
She is adorable. She looks ready to play  :dancegirl:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)