Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Good Day TV  (Read 55 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Good Day TV
« on: September 26, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
About a month ago, a local TV station was asking people who had a pool to call in. They promised one of t staff if he could stay on the floatie in the pool, he could have the rest of the day off.

So, my daughter, Rae, called the station and said she had one. So, off they went with a camera man, the floatie, the staff person to her house. She had just gotten up and didn't have time to put on makeup or anything... just threw on some clothing and they were knocking on the door.   The link below shows the guy trying to get in the pool with the floatie.  Was pretty funny so I thought I'd share it.

https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/3906436-pool-time-with-cody-viewer/

They must have really liked it because we see have seen it run at least 10 times a day for the last month!  They are using it to advertise their station.

On another note, we might get some RAIN this week!!!   We haven't seen a drop since May 24th so we're all excited!  I sure hope it happens - my yard needs a good bath!!  So does my mobile! :laugh1:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Online Grethe

Re: Good Day TV
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 03:36:18 am »
 :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: Thank you for a really good laugh today!  :praise53: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Online Linda2

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 03:59:56 am »
Good way to start my day....with a  :lol02:!  Thanks for sharing MaryLou.  On a side note I do see that your daughter favors you a lot.....well, judging by the couple of avatar pics of you that I have seen anyway.  Lovely lady.   :yes03:

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:27:53 am »
more.... more ...whistkes ...more more

what a great lady  she was up for a laugh too ...she is lovely.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 09:39:25 am »
 :laugh1:  Thanks for sharing MaryLou!!  That was great!  I love her spool too! 

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 01:03:13 pm »
What's so strange is, when I'm at my computer, the TV is always on but I can't see it unless I turn my head.  The first few times I heard her voice  it sort of shocked me because how could she be in the house when I didn't see her come in?  Took a time or two for my brain to connect to the TV when they run the commercial.  It's really a strange feeling!

That "spool" is really pretty neat.  My daughter is not a swimmer but on a hot day, they love to jump in the pool to cool off. They have a 55" TV on the wall of the house so they can watch TV while lounging in the pool.  If it's a cool night and they want to relax, they turn on the heat and within a very short time, the spool becomes a hot tub.   It's about 5 ft deep on the far end. The grandkids love it!  So many people out here have pools that no one uses but this one seems to have someone in it on a daily basis. 

Rae does look like me - people don't have to ask if we're related because it's really visible when we're together.  She can look at me and see what she will look like when she gets old!  :laugh1:

Offline San

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 02:03:09 pm »
That was a great laugh MaryLou and it must be pleasing to see your daughter on TV all the time and she does look like you.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 01:51:18 pm »
Just as I am getting used to hearing her on my TV, something new comes up!!   I have the Amazon Echo device and they keep adding new apps to make it more fun.  Today, they added an app called Tell Everyone... and whatever you want to tell them... and the device will repeat your message to everyone who is in your network  (kids bedroom, basement rec room, etc.) that has an Echo device.   The test sentence was, "Tell everyone "Come and get some apple pie".  So, I said, Alexa, tell everyone to come get some apple pie. 

I instantly got a text message asking me if I talked to her via Echo!  I forgot that we are on a shared account with Amazon Prime so if I sent a message out on Echo, she will hear it too!   Kind of weird but....   if I should happen to fall, I can just say  "Alexa, tell everyone  "Help, I've fallen and can't get up"! and she will hear me 4 miles away!   Technology is advancing so quickly that it makes one's head swim!!  :yes03: :yes03: :yes03:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)