Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New Member Intro - Robyn T  (Read 89 times)

Offline Robyn TTopic starter

New Member Intro - Robyn T
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:59:56 am »
 :hi3: My name is Robyn. I am very new to AP and AD. I recently graduated from BW and after finding these programs was thrilled to find this forum as well with so many familiar faces :smiley01:  I look forward to playing around with the programs and finding ways to try to stretch my brain a bit

Offline Linda R

Re: New Member Intro - Robyn T
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:16:10 am »
 :welcome05: Robyn! :flowersmile:  I also graduated from BW about a year and a half ago!  But I love working with vectors and AD is so much easier to use for them!!  We have lots of fun here and learn a lot from each other!  Glad to see you here and can't wait to see your creations!  If you have any questions, always ask, there is a lot of help here!!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:31 am »
a warm welcome to pirc robyn

i was a mentor for BW and am a special mentoritie titus ...or something like that

i loved psp but for vectors i adore AD
have a look around and join in where you want to
any questions just ask ...
we have a redo workshop ...you go at your own pace and its a lot of fun.
hope to see you strutt your stuff in the show and tell when you are ready ...
most of all have fun and enjoy yourself. :yay: :yay:

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 11:02:34 am »
 :thanks06: for the warm welcome Linda and Teejay  :smiley01: I have already had a quick play with the lotus so will post it up. I can definitely see why AD is preferred for Vectors already though

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 01:29:32 pm »
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw  you'r going to love LOVE playing with h vectors in AD

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:33:04 pm »
Hi Robyn it is great to see you here and to have another Aussie is better still. I like PSP but would have given up doing vectors until I found A D  it is just so easy to work with I am sure you will love it here we are a great bunch.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 06:24:19 pm »
 :welcome01: Robyn!   You should feel right at home here because we use the same software as BW for our forums.   I started the original BW back around the turn of the century.   Back then, it was a PhotoImpact workshop.  After that program was discontinued, we changed this board to PSP and Leenie started the PSP BW.  Most of us here weren't happy with PSP so after a few more changes, we settled for a brand new program on the market called Affinity Designer.  We all LOVE it!  Maybe one day we'll create an Affinity workshop!  Never can tell!

Anyway, jump in and do whatever projects look interesting to you.  I would suggest that you start learning with the Do Over Workshop forum. These are the projects that most of us have done before, but are re-doing as a refresher. It's a great place to start learning.  Of course, you're welcome to go to any other forums and give things a try.

New projects are posted on the 1st and 15th of the month in all of the forums that have projects so there's a lot to do.  Best thing is to just enjoy!! :smiley01:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 08:11:14 pm »
Thanks San and yes I thought the Aussie contingent was a little lacking as I looked around especially in your toys project/challenge lol I too remember playing with knuckles (I guess we are a strange breed to be playing with our food after we done eating it  :laugh8: ).

MaryLou you have done a wonderful job with BW and if a Workshop for AD eventually comes about that would be awesome. I have had a quick look at the redo and will do a project or two today if time allows (school holidays here so my 6 school age children are really keeping me busy  :look: ) I need all the practice I can get so I can work out where all the tools are and how they work but I am slowly getting there and doing tutorials helps a lot :)

Online Grethe

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 04:10:31 am »
 :welcome01: Robyn! You will love it here and also learn a lot!  :praise53:

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 06:22:46 am »
 :thanks06: Grethe  :smiley01:

Online Linda2

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 09:15:14 am »
I see by scanning the morning posts that you are already well into using AD.  So happy to have you join us in the exciting exploration of this wonderful program.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)