Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: I miss...Grethe  (Read 113 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

I miss...Grethe
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:59:00 am »
Yes, I miss Nicky! Anyone knows something?

Offline Linda2

Re: I miss...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:18:41 am »
Yes, me too.  And Lynn.  He hasn't posted anything in awhile I don't think....and I am used to seeing his posts almost every day.  Anyone heard anything from these two?

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 10:52:30 am »
Yes, you're right, Linda!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 11:02:39 pm »
Nicky is doing real life good stuff with her family and plans to return when things calm down

I have seen that Lynn comes on the site but doesnt post ... I miss his pozting too and had wonderedif his hand was playing up.

I will ask him if he is ok.

But
I have been trying to get in touch with maryt.  Its been well over a month and she isnt answering any emails ... We talked often  but her last few emails she got so tired  they were really short.
She maybe in hospital... Or she may not....
It tears me up thinking about her ...if i hear anything i will let you know.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 01:28:33 am »
 :thanks01: for your infos, Teejay!

MaryT is very ill, so maybe her energy is too low for her now. Send her my warm thoughts when you mail her.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 02:11:55 am »
i will. x

Offline Linda2

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 05:32:01 am »
Oh yes, I think about maryt a lot too.  I do hope you can make some sort of contact with her soon and as Grethe said....tell her she is loved.  Glad to hear that Nicky is well and Lynn....Yeah, I thought about maybe he was having hand issues too.  I think of us all as a sort of family and when one goes missing for some time it is worrying.  I think I remember that Lynn said one time he isn't on FB.  I don't use it much but I do have a few long time internet friends that I chat with every now and then to keep in touch.  A few go back quite a long time.  Anyway, thanks for the info teejay.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 05:35:15 am »
no problem ... i will let you know  ....when i  know something  :hal14: :hal14:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 07:25:20 am »
update
Lynn is fine and happy
he is just busy...but is around..... :hal01: :hal01:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 08:23:10 am »
I was wondering about MaryT too, nice lady. Lynn hasn't been around either but that could be down to the hand problem he suffers with.

As for me, well I haven't been participating as much as I usually do due to a painful shoulder issue. I had a Steroid injection at the surgery yesterday and hope within the next few days will feel some pain relief so that I can get back to my hobbies which I miss enormously!

Good to know that people are missed and enquired about.  :praise68:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 08:36:43 am »
Glad to know Lynn & Nicky are ok and just busy!!  You are all like family!  That's one reason I love PIRC so much!   :hal09:

Offline San

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 01:06:51 pm »
 I do think about Mary I just hope she has family around her and is not suffering too much she has been part of this family for a long time and we do miss her.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 04:10:07 pm »
The one problem we've all faced over the years is, we are getting older and our lives change as we age.  Our interests change, and even though we don't realize it, so does our daily living.  We've seen so many good friends  come and go and it's so sad!  There are two that I miss a lot and think of them often.  Some of you might remember Sparrow (Grace) and Gary the Viking. These were two people you couldn't help but like. 

I know that I am not as active as I used to be.  Old age is taking its toll.  I am not sick (other than the emphysema) but I am tired most of the time, even after a good night's sleep. I've had PIRC since 2000 and several web sites to maintain and have written close to 200 tutorials over the years, starting back in around 1995. I think that's what happens with a lot of us, we just get tired.

One thing we need to do is find a way to get some new members.  New people come with new ideas. That's what keeps forums like this one alive.  There are very few left these days. Everyone has gone to Social Media which really is a bunch of nothing!   It lacks the character of a forum like this.   Am open to any suggestions about how to bring some new life into our little world here.  There was a time when we had well over 100 people participating every single day but once the various platforms were discontinued, those who used it did as well.  This is a great place for beginners and those who just like to hang out with a great group of people!

I hope those who are out sick are better soon and can come back to enjoy the activities and such.  :hal19:   :hal14:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Majse

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 10:24:06 am »
I think Pirc is one of the most caring groups .... And I am glad I am still allowed to pop in and say hello

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »
Majse, I wish you will take more part of what we have in common...learning AD, sharing what we do and inspiring others.  :bluecar:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)