Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Halloween baskets - Linda R  (Read 62 times)

Offline Linda RTopic starter

Halloween baskets - Linda R
« on: October 28, 2018, 11:06:56 am »
 :hal04:  I knitted these little baskets for my grandkids for Halloween.  Filled them with some little stuff and candy.  They really liked them!  Not really monster colors, but their favorite colors!  Just thought I would share this . . .

Offline Teejay

Re: Halloween baskets - Linda R
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 02:25:51 pm »
ohhhhhhhhhhhh they are spooktacular ....i wish i had one .  :lol02:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 03:02:48 am »
They are happy grandkids!  :praise68: Linda!  :blackcat:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 07:07:33 am »
Oh my goodness Linda, these are wonderful.  Also will be a great keepsake for the kids.   :loveit:

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:03 am »
Oh wow Linda these are fantastic. The colours are very pretty.  :praise10:  :praise60: You are a knitter too. Did you get the pattern from the web? I would love to make some for Xmas.

I've crocheted some pots which I use to store jewellery.  Do you Crochet?

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 01:55:38 pm »
Thank You Teejay, Grethe, Linda and Sheryl for you nice comments!! 

Sheryl, Yes I like to knit, I've done it as long as I can remember.  I used to make my own Barbie doll clothes!  I can crochet but very basic stuff!  My dad crocheted beautifully!  He made gorgeous baby blankets and I have several afghans that he made.

I did get the pattern from the web, here is the link
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/trio-treat-bags
It is a free download. 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:46:30 pm »

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 04:39:52 pm »
Wow!  There are some fancy patterns in that book!!  I don't do as many crafts as I did since I found Affinity (and hi speed internet!)  I used to do counted cross stitch, plastic canvas and I even did some tatting.  Not sure if I could remember how to tat now tho.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 07:24:17 pm »
OH my, somehow, you must have heard me thinking today!!  I need 6 little "bags" for Christmas for the great grandkids.  Some are in their teens and they all have minds of their own.  Is very difficult to buy something because it seems they always want to exchange it anyway.  So, this year, I am planning to get some little bags and put some small goodies and a gift card in them.  These little bags would be just perfect in holiday colors!!!   Thanks for the link to the pattern.

In my pre-retirement years, I was a super crafty person.  Learned to crochet when I was around 9 years old, then the tatting (that is so delicate!), and after marriage decide to learn to knit.  Have always been good with a sewing machine as far back as I can remember. Made lots of beautiful macrame, needlepoint, embroidered my sheet hems and pillow cases, and even had my own doll shop.  We belonged to a square dance club and I made all of our costumes - my dress, his trousers and shirts.  I loved doing those things.   Don't do any of it anymore. Don't have anyone to do it for and my eye sight is very poor.  It was great while I could do it!

Your little bags are adorable!!!   :praise60: :praise73: :loveit: 
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 08:31:57 am »
Thanks MaryLou!  I'm glad you and Sheryl can use this pattern!  They work up really quick!  I didn't like the ribbon idea for the handles and I used pipe cleaners. 
I haven't heard mention of square dancing in a long time!!  We had to learn it in gym class and I loved it!  I don't have that kind of energy now tho!  :lol02:

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 12:26:09 pm »
  :thanks06: Linda. I love Red Heart but haven't visited the site in a long while.  I think those baskets are great and plan on making some for Xmas.

I don't like the idea of Ribbons for the handles either, too flimsy. I would probably crochet a chain stitch and a few rows of double crochet to make the handle, that would be sturdier, or knit one.

Wow Teejay, that is a fabulous book. The Japanese are so creative when it comes to beauty and find detail.

Here's a knitted scarf with pointy ends I just completed. Knitting one in Chunky Red wool now. Very easy if anyone would like the pattern.

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 01:39:33 pm »
That's a really cute scarf Sheryl!  That would make a few nice gifts for Christmas.  I would love the pattern if you don't mind sharing.    I don't go to Red Hearts site much, but I did like their page on FB.  I think that's where I saw the baskets originally.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)