Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Please read - MS Windows Update 1809 problems  (Read 54 times)

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
Please read - MS Windows Update 1809 problems
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:10:37 pm »
If, like me, you are wondering why you have not yet received the latest Windows 10 Creators Fall update 1809 out this month, the roll out is paused due to a case of that old MS magic trick of making files, photos and documents disappear. MS suggest rolling back the update pending investigations into why the update causes users files to go missing.   

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-has-pulled-the-windows-10-october-2018-update/

To find out what version you have Press the Windows Key together with R (Winver), then click OK. I have 1803. 

Offline Linda R

Re: Please read - MS Windows Update 1809 problems
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 01:51:49 pm »
Thanks for the info Sheryl!  Every time they have one of these major updates, it totally kills my pc. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 03:34:36 am »
I have 1803 but haven't lost any files yet.  No problems that I can see.  I wish they wouldn't upgrade so often though. :praise53:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline SherylCTopic starter

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 01:39:58 pm »
Pleasure Linda. MaryLou, It's the 1893 up-date that is causing files to disappear apparently. I have been eagerly awaiting this update as it will fix a well known issue in Painter.  I shall have to be patient for a bit longer as MS have rolled back the roll outs pending a fix! lol  With every update a problem presents itself somewhere along the way.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)