Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: What's yours?  (Read 99 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

What's yours?
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:16:34 pm »
Now that we've been using AD for well over a year (almost two counting the beta), we've become pretty familiar with the vector side and have learned to do so many different things!

So, the question is....   What is your favorite feature/took in Affinity Designer?  Just name ONE.  Let's see what everyone likes about AD!!

I'll go first.  My favorite feature is one that I've never had in any other program - and that is CLIPPING!!!!      :dancegirl: :dancegirl:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Majse

Re: What's yours?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:19:41 am »
I am not sure but I like the way I can work with fonts  :dancegirl:

Online Grethe

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:53:05 am »
THAT is a hard question to answer!

When we used PI I'd problems with the vector and changing the shapes. Not any more, AD is very intuitive. You mention clipping and that is also a favorite.
And so we can go on for each tool.

I just can't answer your question!  :lol02:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 05:25:29 am »
Just one hmmmmm.  As Elizabeth Barrett Browning said...." How do I love thee, let me count the ways".  Well, I guess for me the one feature I use most is the easy ability to change/remove/adjust, recolor... a certain element within a character.  Since each is on it's own layer I can go back months later and easily find and remove the mouth and change it from a frown to a grin or vice versa for instance.  I could do that in my other programs but not as easily.  I can also readjust nodes within to get an entirely different look to a shape. Of course , if a pixel layer is there I can't do much with that except remove it entirely and then do another.....but that too is very easy to do, and I use that many, many times.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:19:18 pm »
The Pen Tool, so versatile, flexible and allows you to create just about anything.

Offline Rege

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 12:50:05 pm »
For me, certainly the "Corner tool" which is also useful elsewhere than on squares or rectangles.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 02:10:24 am »
The warp colour tool ..i know we havent got it yet but a girl can dream cant she...

in real time i am with ML   CLIPPING is awesome

Offline Linda R

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 08:15:25 am »
This is a really hard question!  I love the whole program!  I would have to pick the vector drawing tools!  The pen and pencil, it's so much easier to draw things!  I had a terrible time with another program trying to figure out what kind each node was to know what I could do with it! 

Offline San

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:52:28 am »
I have to go with the clipping especial if you paint or do a shape you can move it when you clip anywhere you want it and it does not have to be exact. also I like the nodes in AD  it is the first time I like working with shapes.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 04:16:36 pm »
I haven't quite gotten the hang of the various nodes and tend to use just the one style, then shape the lines myself - just the way I did it in PI.  One of these days, I'll take the time to learn the AD way! 
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)