Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Pilgrim Problem - Lynn  (Read 146 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Pilgrim Problem - Lynn
« on: November 19, 2018, 03:17:25 PM »
When I export my Pilgrim, I get places on his body that look like there are gaps, as shown on the image below. However, when I checked my AD drawing at about 1,500% zoom, there were no gaps.

Any idea why my exported image is showing as flawed when it is not?

Offline Linda2

Re: Pilgrim Problem - Lynn
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
The first thing that comes to mind Lynn is to check and see if any of the affected shapes have an unintended stroke applied....outside of that I have no idea where to start looking.  Sorry.  I have not had this problem as yet so I can only offer this. 

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:04:43 AM »
i am with linda on this
i have had this before and when i have checked the line fill was nulled out BUT the stroke had a width number in the stroke panel
after putting the stroke width to zero the anomaly disappeared

its a wierd one...

i did try and make it happen but i couldnt... It only happens very rarely to me.

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
I have no idea either Lynn I have had it happen to me. When I have problems like that I usually copy the ad file and post as a new document and then save again that has worked for me in the past.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I'll let you know if I have any success in dealing with the problem. (If I don't, I'm going to post my project anyway; I don't think the "gaps" are all that visible!)

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
yes post it anyway  like you say i dont think the gaps will be seen,

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 01:02:58 PM »
I finally got time to go back to the Pilgrim drawing and check for inadvertent strokes showing on the Stroke Panel. I did not find any.

So I tried San's suggestion, copied the the drawing, then created a new drawing from the Clipboard. I think it looks better than the original, and I have posted it in the Workshop.

Whew!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
thanks for letting us know   :praise26:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)