Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Lights up!!  (Read 51 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Lights up!!
« on: December 07, 2018, 11:01:47 pm »
I finally got all my Christmas decorations put up on the outside. Lucky for me, the ones across the top of the house were put up the week before Thanksgiving so they were ready to be lighted when the time came.  The rest, I started them on Monday. Could only do a little bit each day but I finally got everything done but the tree.  I did that part today.  Now I can sit back and just enjoy them!  The first one is the front of the place and the second one shows the porch.   :yeah: :xmas03:

It's hard to capture the colors at night and they don't show up very well in the daytime!  They are very bright - maybe Santa will find me this year!!   :xmas00: :xmas00:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
Re: Lights up!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 01:37:31 am »
happy to hear youre improving
lots of love

Online Grethe

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 06:03:17 am »
 :wow3: You have been busy, ML!  :xmas00:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:10:15 am »
Your place looks great MaryLou!  I love Christmas lights!  Santa should be able to see those!   :xmas00:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:39:06 am »
ohhhhh so magical and beautiful

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 11:27:17 am »
I am sure Santa will find you this year with those lovely lights your house looks spectacular.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 12:18:07 pm »
Looking really festive around your house MaryLou!  Everything is beautiful. 

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 02:46:52 pm »
Thank you all!!   I don't really get to see the decorations because I have to go outside after dark!  I do take a drive around the park maybe twice later in the month to check out all the decorations.  I mostly do my decorations for my neighbors.  We are all seniors in this park and so many are people alone, like me.  We spend Christmas by ourselves.  It can make some people feel pretty down but they all love the pretty lights. 

The hardest part is setting up the electrical layout.  Some things won't plug into another, some are two prong, some are 3 prong and you have to make sure they are all for outdoors.  Then, you also have to make sure that they are not all on the same circuit. It's worth it though.   I see I should have pulled the blinds down before taking the picture!  This is the first time I've used a net light set on the windows.  Is a lot easier than trying to string strands!   I love the holidays!!   :xmas46: :xmas53: :xmas00:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Andrea Christine

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 09:46:42 pm »
Wouw! Santa will find you from hundred thousand lightyears away!  :xmas00:

Your decoration looks :praise74:  :praise13:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 02:01:24 am »
i am glad you didnt close the blinds the sparkly lights look like snow and make it look awesome

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)