Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Isometric Panel  (Read 151 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Isometric Panel
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:55:58 pm »
A number of us had trouble finding the Isometric panel.  Linda did find it and this is some of what she posted:

If you use View, Grid and Axis manager and set up a grid, draw out some shapes.  Then do View, Studio, planes.  When it opens it says Isometric and has things you can do.

Here's a little hint:  Once you get that Planes panel open, dock it!  That way you always have it when creating isometric shapes.  :yeah:

Offline Teejay

Re: Isometric Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 02:50:48 am »
yes i had trouble and i followed that advice and now i now get that panel and i have just this minute docked  the panel ....
 wow that takes the worry out of it ...

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:30:34 pm »
It's definitely a whole lot easier to use!!  I made a house last night but got messed up on the windows.  The grid, especially when you have snap to grid checked, makes it to easy to work with.

Here's my unfinished house - need to get my grid at the right angle for the windows.  They look "off".

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 02:51:48 pm »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like it ...looks like a lot of fun to play with too :thumb3:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:01:25 pm »
Hmm, I'll have to go back and play with it some more.  Cute house MaryLou!

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 05:51:56 pm »
Isometrics are fun and easy.  I like to work in the wire frame mode, then color it when done.  I think it's the upper right window that's off.  You can rotate the grid but I tried doing it without doing that.  Flopped!!  Might go back and finish it.  :bday06:

Offline San

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:41:11 am »
I have not tried it yet will have to have a go. Yours looks great MaryLou.

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 07:25:54 pm »
I cannot get the planes panel to open at all.  Is there special thing you have to do in the Grid and Axis Manager. I did what Linda said in her quote.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 07:46:21 pm »
San, I found this hint on the Affinity forum and it worked for Teejay so maybe it will work for you??

"For the Isometric studio, you might try starting Designer beta with the Ctrl key held down, and perform the clear operation with the first 3 items checked on the menu. That got it working for me (on Windows 10)."

Offline San

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 09:19:56 pm »
Thanks Linda that worked for me clear the data and it worked perfect now I have it docked so I will not lose it.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 09:23:57 pm »
San, that Isometric grid is really nice to work with.  I had a little play with it last night but want to explore a bit more.  Actually, the whole grid thing is nice. Will be great for pixel art!!

I have switched over to using the beta all the time rather than the regular version - it loads so much faster!!
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)