Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Sculpt - Teejay  (Read 285 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Re: Sculpt - Teejay
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 01:12:10 pm »
Ok will do it for tommorow in a new thread .

Offline Rege

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 01:13:36 pm »
MaryLou, you must first duplicate the original shape, then once the cutting is done, duplicate the result and then subtract between the copy of the original shape and one of the two cutouts.

Here the result is rarely correct, at the end there are always portions of the contour of the deleted part left.

EDIT:

In addition, from time to time, the shape of the cut part is
slightly modified.

I have only just tried this tool, I may be doing something wrong, but for me it is unusable for the moment.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline Linda R

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 04:33:47 pm »
This is pretty cool!!  Worked great for me!

Offline Grethe

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 05:24:39 am »
 :yes01: :yes01: But I don't know how..... :lol02:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:41 am »
After giving this a try a few times I finally did get it to work. But no matter how careful I thought I was drawing the break line I always seemed to end up with a couple of fiddly bits of lines that I had to delete.  Obviously I need more work on this but at least I did get it to break as described.. After I finished I messed about with the stoke size and just played with it in general.  I attempted to try a Yin/Yang symbol but gave that up after many failed attempts.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Rege

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 08:37:31 am »
I am not at all convinced of the usefulness of this tool on shapes, it is made at the base to modify curves.

As you know, to cut a shape it is enough to use a simple line, the cutting path is more precise using the pen tool and it is possible with version 1.6.5.123.

The two drawings in my screenshot are done this way, with the release version. The Yin-Yang is a nod to Linda2, I think that cutting with the Sculpt tool must indeed be a real pain.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 12:21:16 pm »
ok.....

it was not my intention to use the pencil as a way of  'cutting ' a shape
The intention was to show that the pencil sculpt mode will alter a shape as well as a pencil stroke.

if you do not like it ...dont  flipping use it.... phew. :tj1:

i like it and will use it and will carry on finding uses for it too ....so there. :bday06:

Offline Rege

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 12:40:04 pm »
Teejay, I know that at first the discussion wasn't about shape cutting, but as it deviated on this subject, I'm just saying what I think, especially that precision is not guaranteed, then everyone does what they want!  :angel01:

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 12:47:18 pm »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  ...... chocolate??????

Offline Rege

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 01:28:49 am »
As some of you may have already discovered, I thought that according to its name, the "Sculpt Tool" could also be used to sculpt the outline of a shape.

After converting the shape into curves and doing "Expand Stroke", it allows you to quickly change the thickness of the contour where you want, from the inside or outside, without having to add knots or play with existing knot handles.

I did a quick test, I used the mouse and the result is not very beautiful to see, it's just to show the possibilities!

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 02:11:58 am »
NO i did not know this and i think it could be very useful thanks rege am off to play.

Offline Rege

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 03:10:30 am »
I took out my tablet to try to make paint drips.

What is interesting is that it is possible to work on the contour and also on the inner shape once it has also been converted into curves.

Those who, unlike me, have a steady hand should do wonders with this tool.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 03:58:42 am »
ok if i  draw a shape with a stroke ..
then convert to curves
then  layer/expand stroke
i have two layers one for the shape and one for the expanded stroke
which makes it very very interesting
because
once you have finished altering both layers you can apply another stroke to the altered shape
and start the whole process again....lol   my head hurts from all this thinking on a Sunday morning. :thumb3:

Offline Shonna

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 07:43:51 am »
nice work this is pretty especially love the hearts love the things you do love ya for this...great job...as usual...

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)