Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: new beta version draggable sub brushes  (Read 150 times)

Offline FrancesTopic starter

new beta version draggable sub brushes
« on: February 15, 2019, 11:55:02 am »
I have been playing with the latest beta update they have now added the ability to simply drag any brush from the brushes panel into the sub brush editor.  It works fantastically!

I downloaded a set of PS Brushes https://www.deviantart.com/elvensword/art/Chic-Sparkles-90057259  and once I open one for editing I duplicate it to make a copy and go to the subbrushes tab and then drag in as many others as you want to create a brand new brush

Offline Teejay

Re: new beta version draggable sub brushes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:05 pm »
ohhhhhhh this sounds  GREAT am off to look

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 12:46:08 pm »
omg...that is so easy to do and so addictive ....lol
i chose a default waterbrush ..then dragged another default waterbrush to the sub catogory and edited it a bit and wow
then i dragged a few more brushes and spoilt what i had  awwwwwwwwwwww
so i started over
but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy :star:

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 01:16:33 pm »
Mine will not let me drag anything in.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 01:19:00 pm »
Yes it is fun to play with and such an easy way to expand existing brush sets.  The sub brushes are a great feature and now with being able to just drag them in it opens it up to the use of photoshop brushes so very easily.

hi San you need to be in the pixel persona then double click a brush to open the brush editor panel, then click on the sub brush tab. now drag another brush in from the brushes list and drop it into the subrushes list

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 01:23:14 pm »
san have you got the lates beta from teo a couple of days ago or so.

frances i havent tried importing photoshop ones ..i have a stack of those saved it will be awesome to use them again

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 01:48:55 pm »
you still have to import the brushes through the menu, dragging only works with the subbrushes. 

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 01:49:02 pm »
No it looks as though I have not got the latest update I just went and checked so I will download that and see how I go.

Offline San

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 02:13:04 pm »
I have it now  oh boy am I going to have fun with this when the new version comes out I will write a tutorial  as I have not loaded all my brushes as yet on to the beta.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 06:27:41 pm »
Since I'm not a big brush user, maybe a little instruction would be helpful?  What is the sub menu?  I guess I could go and try to figure it out but I feel really lazy today!!
 :legs:

Okay, I found the Sub Brush menu but don't understand the purpose?
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Online Linda2

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 07:34:45 pm »
Hmmm, I'm kinda like you MaryLou....I found it and tried it.  It works....  maybe I am missing something essential  but  I am not sure how it will help me much.  Well sure, one can make adjustments to brushes but how is that so different from  well....making a new brush?  I know. I am slow to take on new things so maybe this will ignite something so I can have an "A Ha" moment too but for right now I just don't get the need for it.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 07:58:41 pm »
Don't feel alone, Linda.  I didn't try anything because I don't quite see the purpose of it. There's possibly info in the Help file but I don't have the time right now to check it out.  As I said I seldom use a brush but I don't want to miss out on something good!  :whoo:

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 09:02:14 pm »
A sub brush is a brush within a brush. You can open a brush in the brush editor and add a another brush to it as a sub brush each sub brush can be opened and edited in its own editing window you have options for each sub brush to be drawn at the current nozzle which puts it on top of the main brush, behind it or at the end of the stroke.  you can choose to blend it with the main brush or set to erase the main brush.   

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 11:23:27 pm »
Why not just make another regular brush?  I think that's what several of us are confused about.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 10:57:01 am »
 There are some good reasons why this is good I am not near my pc right now but as soon as I am I will show you. 
Yes please san to tut when the new. Version is out ....I cant wait..

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)