Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: i am without my Docs - Teejay  (Read 294 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

i am without my Docs - Teejay
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:10:43 PM »
today i lost all my documents it was my fault but...they all went i plugged my external hard drive in knowing i did a full save last month and it was as dead as a dodo
i have a liftime account with pcluod and have synced most of my documents to pcloud
but because it syncs to my documents ...my documents were empty in pcloud cos they were empty on my pc :thud:
but
there is a rewind in pcloud and i checked that yes yes yipeeeeee my documents are all there
but
i dont feel confident enough to try it on my own
so i have emailed pcloud and i feel sure they can tell me what to do and how to get my doc back into my pc...
so i am going to be busy re installing all my ad stuff fonts all my textures and my work with ad and  tons more  stuff i cant live without
this is why i am missing in action
wish me luck x

Offline Lynn

Re: i am without my Docs - Teejay
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »
I'm glad I'm not in your shoes right now, Teejay! A lot of work ahead for you for sure!

Hope it goes faster than you are anticipating and without any glitches.

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »
This must be terrible for you but I glad you will be able to get all your documents back.

Offline Rege

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 01:38:07 PM »
 :omg: Teejay, I understand how you may feel and wish you all the best for the reinstallation of your documents.
I have an external hard drive with all my data that failed me almost ten years ago, then the computer was changed and I still managed to find everything because I save everything on several media, I only lost the recent things that I had not had time to save. But it is true that in these cases one feels an immense loneliness!
I wish you to find all your work, I suppose that pcloud can upload you all at once, or maybe folder by folder.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline Linda2

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »
OMG, remember that happened to me about two years ago?  Only I did not have them backed up into the icloud like you.....so I lost everything.  I understand totally how that feels when you realize what has happened.  I know you will be able to get what you need figured out.....I have every confidence in you!  And yes, now I have everything backed up and plugged in and turned on and flagged etc. etc. but you will be gun shy after you are back up and running....and you will still remember this dreadful feeling for a long time.   So sorry to hear you are having this issue.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 07:46:13 PM »
So sorry you are going thru this Teejay!!  It is awful when that happens!  I'm just glad that pcloud has that rewind function!!  It won't be a fun process but at least you will get all your goodies back! :flowersmile:

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 02:08:56 AM »
chin up
and thin of choccie

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 03:51:02 AM »
i am getting my stuff back in
its a long road  and i am sure there will be a faster way but i have my AD installed and starting on my bitmaps now

later gaiters
and thanks for all the support

Offline Linda2

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 04:55:28 AM »
 :cheergirl:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 06:09:05 AM »
OH S...T!! It is awful when something like that happens! Glad to read in the end you are getting things back.  :yes04: :yes04: :cheergirl: :flowersmile:

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »
whoooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo im back and i have all my docs yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw ..
it took two days to get it all in exactly how it was but i did it yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaww  :legs: :cheergirl: :flowersmile: :cheergirl: :laugh2: :legs: :laugh2:

Offline Rege

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 11:50:40 AM »
 :yes01: Teejay I am very happy that your problem is solved!  :thumb3:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline San

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 12:34:00 PM »
 :yeah: I knew you could do it at least you have them all back.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »
This makes me so happy, happy, happy to read!

Offline Grethe

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 01:02:14 PM »
HAPPY DAYS ARE BACK!
So very fantastic glad you are back again, Teejay!  :jumper: :jumper: :legs: :yes04: :cheergirl:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)