Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Finding a current layer quickly-Linda2  (Read 67 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

Finding a current layer quickly-Linda2
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:44:02 pm »
I usually end up with many, many layers as I am trying to create a character or something and had , from time to time, encountered an annoyance at having to scroll through the layer list and try and find a particular item that I might wish to change or recolor or something.  Anyway, I just read on our AD FB group that you can right click on the selected item and choose find in the layers panel ..or ctrl+K.  This highlights the layer the item is on!   Yikes!! This will be ever so useful and I thought maybe some of you who had a need for this info...and like me...did not know it existed, might have a need for it too.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline MaryLou

Re: Finding a current layer quickly-Linda2
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:45:56 pm »
That can be very useful!!   I didn't know that.   I usually click on the item in the image, then scroll through the layers where that item will be highlighted.   That's easier than all the scrolling!!   GREAT tip!!! :yes01: :thanks02: :thanks02:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:21:45 pm »
Great tip I will be using this one.....you have my thanks.

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 04:20:36 pm »
That is a great tip and I like using the right click and never saw it there.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 06:11:21 pm »
Isn't it funny how we see that right-click menu so often yet we don't see what's on it!!  I do the same thing!  I guess it's because I have a one track mind and know what I'm looking for.

OHhh.... the little March emots are here!!  Thanks, Teejay!!   :stpat04: :stpat04:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 08:23:43 pm »
Great find Linda!!  Thanks so much for sharing this tip!!  It will be so useful!!   :brav01: :stpat04:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)