Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Layers in the latest Beta  (Read 75 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Layers in the latest Beta
« on: March 03, 2019, 02:25:07 am »
We now have the option of size of thumbnail in the layers panel
click on the layers menu options in the layers panel and you have a few choices.

the other option is to colour code the layers ohhhhhhhh fun fun fun

to do this
right click on the layer you want to colour and chose a colour from the colour circles at the bottom of the options

i really like all these new options ....

Offline Linda R

Re: Layers in the latest Beta
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:02:57 pm »
 :praise19: options!  Thanks for pointing them out.  Does the auto scroll work for you?  This doesn't work on mine.    •Switch off Auto-scroll (panel scrolls to layer content when it is selected on the page)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 01:59:17 pm »
yes its working for me ..it didnt at first but it is now

i dew twelve shapes on my canvas = 12 layers
and ,made my layers pallet small so i would know if it scrolled ..
it didnt work at first  but i chose the move tool and clicked a shape
and it scrolled
it also opened a shape and selected the clipped item i chose ...(which is AWESOME)
play around with it a bit and see if you can kick it into working

WAIT A MIN... it does this action with or without the option checked ..there is no difference ...?????

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 01:23:30 pm »
 I'm just now downloading the latest beta. They come out faster than I can keep up with them!  I'm going to LOVE the changes to the layers panel!!  Can't wait to check it out!!
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »
I have made layers, tried using a project that was done with lots of layers, and I can click my little heart out and it won't scroll!!  I tried with auto scroll on and off and still no luck.  :pullhair:
 I have found tho, that if I have the move tool and double click on a shape, it changes it to the node tool automatically. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 12:52:49 am »
Are you saying that if you have a bunch of things in the layers panel, and you click an object in the workarea, the layers panel will scroll down to that object?   That's what it sounds like you're saying.  If it is, it doesn't work for me. :(

I like the ability to color layers!  I did notice that if I put a color tab on a layer, then duplicate that layer, it does not keep the color code.  That could be a good thing because I always get confused over which is the duplicate layer.  I know it's always the one on top but... sometimes I forget!

I wish they would give us some TOOLS!   These little goodies are cute but I want more!  Warp!  Warp!!  :lol02:

I do like the checkerboard background feature in the layers panel.
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)