Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Re:Bad Treament at AD forum -  (Read 319 times)

Offline RegeTopic starter

Re:Bad Treament at AD forum -
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:01:06 am »
Grethe, thanks for the info, I hadn't thought about this possibility and as the file is not a ZIP file as indicated by Frances, I had thought about another possibility.

I uninstalled all Beta (AD, APh and APub) and stopped all tests because after downloading the last Photo Beta, it systematically opened my AD files. On the official forum I was made to understand that I was an idiot who didn't understand anything. For them this behaviour is normal! For me, it is as if in a well-known office suite I double-clicked on a Word file and the file was opened in Excel!!!!  :doh:

I had been a Beta tester since I started with AD and, following their response, I decided to stop participating in these tests. However, I will continue to update AD with the free versions and, depending on the tools and functions obtained in these versions, I will see whether or not I purchase version 2. However, I will no longer buy any software from them, not even Publisher.

SERIF has already made fun of its customers with the abandonment of DrawPlus and now it will take years and years for AD to be at its level, and even if it is already a good software it lacks too many basic tools promised since years....

Sorry for the yell, if this message bothers you, it can be deleted by the moderators, I won't blame anyone but it had to come out!  :tantrum1:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline Grethe

Re: Re:Bad Treament at AD forum
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 10:40:45 am »
I'm so sorry you have this bad experience, Rege!
But I'm glad you stay with us, you teach us and encourage me and also others!  :girl1: :flowersmile:

Online Teejay

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 10:54:06 am »
see i told you ..... you give clear good advice and we see your art too

do not let anyone spoil that in fact i am not typing and am giving them the finger ...right now...

we love you rege  and thats what counts not some office room full of twerps...

Online Teejay

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:55:36 am »
i sent you a pm about moving this thread  too hope you picked it up

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 11:09:27 am »
 :thanks02: for these kind words, Grethe and Teejay, I am happy to be among you, I have found here kind and very pleasant people, talented and especially no one takes others down. Thank you for that! :thumb3: :thanks05:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 01:55:08 pm »
Sorry you had a bad experience at the Serif forum!  Don't condemn the whole group for what one idiot says though.  AD will be a good program in time.  I can understand why Serif wanted to change and that's because they're making their programs work on more than one platform which means more income for them. That's just good business.

We don't put anyone down here... we are all nice people, even me!  :laugh2:  The idea is to  help one another and we all do that pretty well. We don't always agree on everything but we still don't browbeat anyone.  If someone is way out of line, a private message works quite well.   :cancan:  Bullies aren't allowed to live here!  :stpat05: :stpat05:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Frances

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 02:42:37 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience on the affinity forums.  As a global or supermoderator on another forum(not the Affinity Forums) I can tell you that there are always going to be those members on most large forums that are self proclaimed experts and some of them can be contemptuous and not at all helpful.It may not seem if anything has been saidor done to reprimand then but it's quite possible that the forum moderators have had private words with some of them. As Mary Lou says don't condemn the whole group because of a few bad apples.
 Instead a way to improve the overall experience for all is to report the post.  On the affinity forums there is a link that says report this content and you should be able to click that and fill in a form to report the issue to the forum moderators. You may even get a PM back from a moderator apologising.   A note though if you have and issue with a moderator look for an admin or another moderator in the staff directory (preferably one higher in the pecking order) and PM them as it's quite likely that reported posts get displayed in a private forum for all the moderators to discuss.   

Offline Linda2

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 03:25:20 pm »
Well, all I can say is ...I am awfully glad you decided to stay a part of this group.  We need your talent and enthusiasm.  You are appreciated and your insight is valued. Thank you Rege.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 04:29:07 pm »
 :thanks02: for your comments Teejay, Frances and Linda!
I know that we should never generalize and that not everyone is like this moderator, the vast majority of speakers are correct. It's just one more thing that keeps me a little further away from SERIF.
I didn't think my comment would arouse so much interest from you and I thank you all for your support.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 08:48:02 pm »
Glad you are still here with us Rege!  I always look forward to seeing what you have created and what new techniques you have figured out! 

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 02:38:51 am »
 :thanks02: Linda, you are kind, this group is made up of very nice people, so I have no reason to leave. :stpat08:

Online Teejay

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 05:12:53 am »
and i do not think you have noticed ....but we have nailed one of your feet to the floor... :laugh2:

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 05:24:09 am »
Indeed Teejay, I hadn't noticed, but it wasn't necessary!  :laugh8:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 06:23:29 pm »
The only cranky one around here is ME and I've got a good excuse....  I'm old!!!   :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Being an octogenarian isn't always easy!!  :cancan: :cancan: :lol02:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Online Teejay

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 11:56:15 pm »
Yes I bet its hard to find jumpers for all those extra arms

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)