Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Our Affinity Photo Forum  (Read 140 times)

Online Linda2

Re: Our Affinity Photo Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 06:27:36 am »
Thanks Grethe....and you too Rege.  I understand it is just AP that is affected at the moment.  I was mainly adding the comment to voice my support for the forum as a whole.  I really like being here and a part of it. :-)

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 07:28:01 am »
I don't want to see any of the forum go.  I love AD but I also love AP.  I have been a photographer for years and love to mess with my photos.  I also go between the two programs when I play.   I would love to see the AP forum stay!!

Offline Frances

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 11:16:15 am »
I've been playing around a bit in photo this morning and discovered that a couple of things I thought were only in Designer like boolean operations are indeed there, just kind of hidden.  I am interested in working more with photo and I do have an interest in photography as well as design. so I would be looking to participate more in that forum.  I would even be willing to help out with moderating but I do work full time and I also have moderating duties on another forum.  If any of you have ever used Xara software and visited their forum talkgraphics.com I am angelize there :) 

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 01:24:04 pm »
that is very generous of you both grethe and frances to volunteer your time and help

we may ask for your help in the coming weeks

But we have a new Mod for the AP forum

Offline Grethe

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2019, 01:43:08 pm »
 :yeah: Everything is going to be just good for us!  :cancan: :cancan:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 01:44:29 pm »
In order for a forum to exist, it must have a moderator who is willing to find new projects twice a month to post and to comment on work that is posted.  That isn't always necessary but no post should ever go without at least one comment by someone.   

It only needs one moderator to make it work. 

As for me, I find it awkward to go back and forth when doing a given project. It eats up a lot of memory and slows things down a little.   Affinity Publisher will never be a forum on this board because there is definitely not enough interest in that.  On the other hand, it is very nice for writing tutorials.  It hasn't even been released yet so that's really out of the picture.

The bottom line is, if there is no moderator, there will be no AP forums.  It's not fair to expect Teejay to moderate all the different areas.  So, it's up to you guys!
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Shonna

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 10:27:45 pm »
ON facebook I opened up a affinity tutorials both photo and designer I generally use the affinity photo when I use filters....if I would of known I would help in the forum in affinity photo and be active.... on here....love messing with the filters on the program in the affinity photo even made a couple what can be done in designer can be little be done in affinity photo cause there kind of the same but do have different tools...I am online everyday but I have back away from sites cause I thought I was being a bother by posting too much....don't want to type too much lol...Hollar at me if you need help I don't mind at all that's what I am here for even though I haven't been here but I am here now..

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:15 pm »
hi shonna nice to see you  :thumb3:

Offline Shonna

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 11:04:13 pm »
Hello Teejay long time no see but I been online just haven't been around for a bit but I am back in action.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 07:14:51 pm »
Welcome back, Shonna!  IT's definitely been a while.  Don't worry about posting too much, that has never been a problem!  I am not an AP user, although I do have it.  I think my lack of interest stems from the fact that the majority of the tutorials available are videos and I DETEST video tutorials!! I was watching one a few days ago for another reason and the woman who made the video went on and on and.  I kept moving the slider forward.  Finally, just before the end, she got to the point and the reason I went there.

I think so many of us were spoiled by PhotoImpact because you could do it all in one program.  No need for different ones especially when they  both do so many of the same things.   :stpat08: :stpat05:

Have you clicked on any of the pots of gold at the top of the screen yet?  :stpat04:

Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Online Mali

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 12:18:20 pm »
Thank you for your appreciation Teejay, courteous of you. :thumb3:
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Offline Majse

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 10:42:24 am »
Mali, I just wanted to thank you for the work you have done as a mod  :thanks02:

Online Mali

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 11:37:29 am »
Thank you  Majse. I put in a couple of years of modding service, not bad going! lol Good to see you again.
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)