Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Arrow ends and Appearance panel - Linda R  (Read 82 times)

Offline Linda RTopic starter

Arrow ends and Appearance panel - Linda R
« on: March 09, 2019, 01:36:18 pm »
A new beta came out today and when it opened, there was a new Appearance panel.  Had to play right??  They also added arrow ends for strokes!  You can choose the ends before you draw the stroke or after.  So I played with that and then went to the Appearance panel.  Select the layer your object is on.  You can then choose to add a stroke or fill on top of that.  I played with the strokes.  I started with the red stroke and then added two more strokes in the Appearance Panel.  I made one green and thin and the other black and wide and moved it to the back.  You can see the three strokes in the appearance panel, but not in the layers panel. 

Offline Teejay

Re: Arrow ends and Appearance panel - Linda R
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 01:59:43 pm »
OH.MY.GOD...
i mean its late here and i cant keep my eyes open but but but ... i need to look now...

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:16 pm »
That sounds like a fun upgrade!   I just downloaded it a few minutes ago and read about the arrow in the post.  Am so anxious to open it up and check it out!!

This will make a fun tutorial once it's been released.  There are several things that I can see but I wouldn't want to do one until it is released because they may change it and then it's work for nothing.

Off to check it out!! :cancan:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 02:08:20 pm »
wow that is so cool

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10:02 pm »
I can get it to work ok for the stroke, but adding a fill is not going so well.  In fact, AD finally just closed!!!  :lol02:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10:57 pm »
you can also choose a brush for the stroke once you add  an  'add stroke' ...this makes it  an  Awesome Tool
gotta sleep
night folks

my 'add fill' works fine warpy ..maybe it needs to reopen.

Offline San

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 05:36:23 pm »
Mess around with some of the shapes and this is what I came up with using the Crescent tool and the pressure it is fun to play around with.

Online Linda2

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »
I popped in for a quick look before bed and holy smokes!!  of course, you know I'd have to have a looky too.  Now I probably couldn't replicate any of these lines again because I had no clue as to what I was doing....but it made some interesting looking shapes.  I am not at all sure how this will play out or how it will help us but still it was kinda fun to play with.  On some I used some brush strokes and on others I just laid down lines and messed with them.  Thanks for pointing this out Linda!  Now this time I really am heading to bed.  Zzzzzzzzzz

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
It is so fun to play!   :whoo:
San that is a great shape! 
Linda, your first one looks like a necklace!
 :yeah:

Offline Shonna

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:05 pm »
THanks Linda R for sharing this going go give this a try...

Offline Teejay

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 01:21:45 am »
we can also give every lin a profile and or a style a stroke fill
it can be a brush too

i have found if a line or shape has a bunch of strokes added the go  Layers  /expand stroke  you get the filled outline of the overall outer shape ...try it..please try it... it is easier than words ...
have mor experiments to look at yet tho...

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 12:31:17 pm »
Still have problems with the add fill.  I add a fill that's a color and then add another fill that is a bmp or gradient.  Then set a blend mode.  All is good until I click off the layer or change to a different tool.  Then the blend mode resets to normal.  I have tried this many times last night and today.   :madbeatcomp:  No problems with the strokes.

Online Linda2

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 01:55:13 pm »
Trying to replicate your problem Linda, and if I am understanding ...it is happening to me as well.  I have a solid fill, then a bitmap fill, and last another solid fill.  When I try to set a blend mode or change the pink layer in any way it reverts back to the white (bottom) layer.  I was trying to see if I could put a solid layer over the bitmap and then reduce the opacity or even apply a blend mode but find I am unable to manipulate this layer.  Is this what you are experiencing or something else entirely?

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 02:24:17 pm »
Very close to the same Linda.  Mine doesn't always revert to the bottom layer, but any blend mode that I set reverts to normal.  So glad it's not just me!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 03:15:23 pm »
This is a feature we had in PI - the arrows part.  You could pick and choose what you wanted for the head and what you wanted for the tail.  Another very NICE addition!!! :whoo:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)