Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Picture Frame ?  (Read 226 times)

Online Mali

Re: Picture Frame ?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 01:15:25 pm »
It's almost like the POE in the old PI.

I couldn't move the picture around once inserted (whole image would move) but able to Rescale the image by clicking on the Properties tab (next to Replace Image) and choosing an option such as Aspect Ratio.

Might be useful (?) to create segments/shapes using the Pen tool (or Preset Shapes), activate them and then add Picture.  Like my photo example.

Love the Convert to Text, which creates a frame. No matter how much you type it will stay within the frame...love it!
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 02:52:04 pm »
You can move the picture around once it's inserted.  Just go to the layer's panel and select the picture.  It works the same way as clipping. 

They have taken this straight out of PagePlus!  It uses the same terminology except for the text and they use "convert to shape text".   I'm so glad to see these two features because I use them a LOT in my newsletter!! 

The other thing I use most is convert to curves.  In our newsletter, if I want to use a font that's not one the printers will have, I can convert to curves and it will no longer be considered as a font. Therefore, it will print exactly as I want it. I can also convert the text to a picture and don't have to worry about the font.

I am liking the new things I'm seeing in AD!!  And, am so happy they are giving us some of the nice features that we have in their old Serif programs!  I am a happy camper!!   :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 03:02:29 pm »
me too i like the new things a lot  i also like the arrow heads for the line start and ends ..i am hoping we get to make our own...

i asked in the affinity forum last week about the colour mesh tool
i asked if it was still planned to be in AD and was it going to be in the next version
he said it was still planned to be in AD and in version one....   BIG SMILE on my face....

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 03:16:37 pm »
OH wow!!  That is such good news!!  I am started to get a bit excited about the new things I'm seeing!!!   Feeling that itch to write some tutorials!! :wow2:

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 03:18:09 pm »
we did this following  rege's excellent instruction  in the paid version

they have made it very easy to do in the beta
make your shape the another shape to use as the subtracted area then  right click on the existing shape and convert to text frame.
then write your stuff

this is soooooooo easy.

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 03:21:32 pm »
i have NO idea why it is cut off at the top and bottom like that it was well within my document when i selected it and exported ...
i will have to try more shapes and see what happens

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »
Could be a little bug!!  These are the kinds of things that make good tutorials.  They help beginners to learn.  I bet the next version of AD is going to be one heck of a big deal!!

What happens if you resize the heart. Does the text resize with it?

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 12:50:34 am »
you are choccie MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 04:03:05 am »
yes i am joy

ML the text sizes with the heart if you use the outer teeny dot to rezize with

very neat i like this a lot

i think why the heart shape maybe cutof is it may only save to the start and ends of text and not to the outer edge of the shape

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 04:31:32 am »
oh what fun
remember this one... all together now

Online Mali

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 11:14:11 am »
Good news about the Mesh Tool Teejay.  :praise62:
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 12:11:59 pm »
Love your duck story!!!  I've never heard it before. That text inside the shape is really cool!!

On the heart that got cropped off, did you have the whole thing selected?  That should not happen and could be a bug. 

I am going to report this as a bug because it should not crop off the top and bottom of the shape.   I just tried it and got the same results as you.

One thing I learned is, if you're going to color it, do it before making it a text frame!!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 01:07:14 pm »
This is definitely a bug.  Has been reported. They asked for an .afdesign file so I re-created it again and sent that.  It has now been forwarded to the development team.   Good catch, Teejay!!!
 :thumb3: :thumb3:

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 01:20:56 am »
whoooooooooo hoooooooooooo
Good morning ML
good catch and very nice reporting of it too

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 05:56:04 pm »
Actually, it was your catch!  I just wanted to see if it did the same thing for me.  When it did, then I knew it had to be a bug.  We did good!! :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)